IBM POWER9 Enterprise Servers E950 & E980 have been publicly announced.
Here is your starter pack:
- Announcement August 7th for both E950 & E980
- 17th August - E950 Generally Available (GA) i.e. shipping to clients
- 21st September - E980 2 nodes= 96 core GA
- 16th November - E980 4 nodes=192 core GA
Quick Summery for Techies
Power Virtual User Group two 90 minutes Webinars on E950 and E980
Find the Power Virtual User Group here: http://tinyurl.com/PowerVUG
- Host: Jyoti Dodhia, IBM
- Speaker: Nigel Griffiths, IBM
- Two Webinars: Enterprise E950 on 8th August 2018 and Enterprise E980 on 9th August 2018
- POWER9 Enterprise E950 Unofficial Deep Dive for Techies
- POWER9 Enterprise E950 First Look at a Early Ship Program Server
- POWER9 Enterprise E980 Unofficial Deep Dive for Techies
- POWER9 Enterprise E980 First Look at a Early Ship Program Server
- PDF - On the VUG website find about 150 slides used for each Webinar in .PDF format
- MP4 replay - On the VUG website find the Replay recordings in .mp4 The two Replays are roughly 90 minutes long each
- YouTube replay - On YouTube find the videos for online watching The two Replays are roughly 90 minutes long each
Download Nigel Griffiths' Unofficial PowerPoint Slides
- Take the link to download file: POWER9_Enterprise_E950_E980_Powerpoint.zip
- This is a Zip file containing the four presentations at a higher resolution than those presentation on the web
- Approximately 400 slides in total
- Size ~150MB in total
- You can use the slides in any way you like to promote POWER9 Enterprise Servers
- Feel free to put your name on the first slide, delete, summarise, pass-on, study further or use the detailed pictures yourself.
- Note these are not IBM official charts nor IBM statements as these are Nigel Griffiths' person decks and the opinions are his alone.
- Correction: The Enterprise E980 Warranty depends on your country:
- Some countries have 1 Year + Same Day 24x7 support
- Other countries have 1 Year plus 2 years extended Support + Business Day 24x7 support
- This is not stated in the announcements so you have to ask your local IBM representative.
IBM RedBooks on POWER9 Servers
POWER9 Performance Report
- Good quick summary of the key facts.
- Link to the IBM Power System E950 datasheet
- Link to the IBM Power System E980 datasheet
POWER9 Server Family Overview
POWER9 Scale-Up Servers Marketing
- Link to the Announcement Blog
- Only 3 screens long and very pleasant use of white space for style !
POWER® Processor-Based Systems RAS
- Link to the Whitepaper
- 66 pages of detail and tables for the POWER9 range of Servers including E950 and E980