After the installation of the WebSphere Message Broker product, it is always in good practice to test the installation to verify that there are not any problems.
The best way I have found to do this, is by importing and running one of the many free samples that are provided with the Broker installation.
Before doing this though, make sure you run the default Configuration Wizard via your Toolkit. This can be found by following these simple steps.
- Start the Default Configuration wizard from the WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit Welcome page, which is displayed the first time you start the WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit. If the Welcome page is not displayed, open it in the WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit by clicking Help > Welcome.
- Click Get Started on the Welcome page, then click Create the Default Configuration.
- Click Start the Default Configuration wizard. The Default Configuration wizard is displayed.
- The Welcome page of the wizard describes what is about to happen, click Next to continue. You can click Cancel at any time to cancel the creation of the default configuration. The wizard checks that the default configuration is not already created.
- The Default Configuration Summary page lists the resources that will be created. Click Next to continue.
- The Default Configuration Progress page lists the background configuration actions as they occur, and indicates successful completion. You can cancel the creation of the default configuration by clicking Cancel. The wizard backs out all the configuration tasks and displays the progress and success of the process. The configuration process is written to a log file in the Eclipse workspace directory:
- Linux: /home/user_name/IBM/wmbt80/workspace/.metadata/DefaultConfigurationWizard.log
- Windows: C:\Documents and settings\user_name\IBM\wmbt80\workspace\.metadata\DefaultConfigurationWizard.log
If the default configuration is created successfully, you see an appropriate message. If errors occur, you see an appropriate message and the wizard backs out all the configuration tasks. If an error occurs during the back out process, the wizard displays a list of resources that you must remove manually.
Finally, once this has completed, you can locate one of the many samples by clicking Help
> Samples and Tutorials
. Once you have found a sample that you want to try, just click on the import and deploy
option available on the Samples page.
If the sample deploys correctly, this should indicate that the install was successful.