Here are some questions that we hear quite often about accessing WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances firmware fix packs on our Fix Central web site:
- How do I find DataPower fix packs?
They're available on Fix Central. You'll need to know details about your appliance such as the model in addition to license information. This Knowledge Collection might be helpful in collecting those details along with tips on navigating in Fix Central. We also hope this document containing Fix Central screen shots is helpful. Keep in mind that you'll be prompted to sign in prior to downloading any fix pack.
- How do I obtain an IBM ID and password needed to sign in?
You'll need to register on ibm.com. You only need to register once. Look for the Register button near the top right-hand corner of the page.
- How do I know what the latest firmware version is for a given release of DataPower?
See our recommended fixes doc that provides details about the latest supported firmware.
- When are the next fix packs scheduled to be available?
Whenever possible, the DataPower team provides target dates for upcoming fix packs. See our recommended fixes document for details.
- How can I stay informed about new fix packs?
This flash document gets revised every time we make new fix packs available. You can be proactive by using our My Notifications subscription service. Also, become a follower of our DataPower Twitter account.
- Are there any resources available in terms of migrating to newer firmware versions?
See this Knowledge Collection that contains useful information and links to other documents that you might find helpful.
- Where can I find more information about end-of-support dates for WebSphere DataPower firmware versions?
See our IBM WebSphere DataPower Appliance Support Lifecycle document for end-of-service dates for the various firmware versions.
Let me know if you have questions/comments about these support documents or comments in general about how we can improve the process for you. We want to make getting to the fix packs you need as easy as possible.