You spoke, we listened: Maximo readme files for fix packs
SandraGannon 270002JY3V Visits (5213)
Last year, we met with a number of customers across different industries to discuss your needs for the readme file that accompanies the Maximo Asset Management 7.5 fix packs.
You told us that you'd like to be able to retrieve information more easily, that you'd like more information on behavior changes, you'd also like security items highlighted, and generally that you'd like us to reduce the time that you need to spend testing a fix pack before you roll it into a production environment.
We've taken your comments and made the following changes:
- We've regrouped all APARs from fix pack 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 by application or category, as applicable. All future fix packs will also be cumulative files with the same format so that if you upgrade from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199, you can see all the changes that have been made from the 188.8.131.52. to the 184.108.40.206 fix pack.
-We've also grouped the APARs by fix pack within the application grouping so that you can see all the APARs that were closed for a particular application or category across the fix packs to date.
- We've tracked the behavior changes that we've made to resolve the APARs and we've added section 9: Behavior Changes so that, at a glance, you can see all the APARs resolutions that contain behavior changes. Not sure what we've done? We've provided a description so you can easily understand the change that you can expect to see.
- At the beginning of section 10: Resolved Issues, we've added a subsection specifically for security items. We've provided links to information in line with CVSS standards. You can access this information from behind a firewall.
CVSS is an industry open standard for assessing the severity or impact of computer system security vulnerabilities.
- We've added section 3: Information resources to provide you with links to the Information Center, Service Management Connect, and the Support Portal so that you can find additional product information more easily.
Reduce test time:
- We hope that the additional information that we've added on information resources, behavior changes, security, and the updated grouping of APARs by application and then by fix pack overall will improve the clarity and retrievability of information in this fix pack.
- In addition, we completed detailed reviews of the content by our Support and Information Development teams so that you won't have any issues understanding the contents of the fix pack and the changes that you can expect to see in your system.
But the job's not done yet because there are more changes that we are planning in future fix packs and we are always open for suggestions.
Have you accessed the latest fix pack yet: Maximo Asset Management 220.127.116.11: http
Be sure to let us know what you think!