What happened on Friday: Migrating a Maximo server, Part One.
I have a bit of an advantage with this migration. My source and target servers are ideally suited for each other: they have the same operating system and bitness - Windows s008 R2 64-bit.
one Oracle database server with three databases: max62, max71, sccd75
one WebSphere 126.96.36.199 server with four Application servers: max62server, max62SQLserver, max71server, RMIregistry
one Maximo Asset Management 7.1.x administrative workstation installation (as a Global instance)
one Maximo add-on: Calibration 7.1.2
1. Export databases from source server using Oracle exp commands to DMP files
2. Install Oracle 188.8.131.52 on target server
2a. Using Database Configuration Assistant, create databases schemas for each migrating database
2b. Using Net Configuration Assistant, add new database to existing Listener, or create a new listener for each database
2c. Create maximo schema for each database with standard maximo user rights from the Maximo 7.1 Installation Guide for WebSphere manually installing the JEE server
3. Install WebSphere
31. Using the Maximo 7.1 installer set, Install WebSphere 6.1 target server. Match the passwords used on source server
3b. Download and install the latest WebSphere Update Installer (Windows tab)
3c. Download the same WAS fixpacks for Application Server, HTTP Server and HTTP Server Plug-Ins as are installed on source server (or copy them from source server at C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\UpdateInstaller\maintenance
3c. Install the fix packs
3d. Stop and restart all WebSphere services
4. Copy Oracle database DMP files from source server.
5. Import databases using Oracle imp files from DMP files: The databases on the source and target server will now be the same.
6. Following the cloning administrative workstation tech note, copy over current Maximo 7.1 installation directory from source to target
6a. Run de_chghostname command file or shell script to change host name. Use fully-qualified domain names.
Bring over source acsi folder and replace existing folder on target system and reconfigure admin workstation for new server settings.
7. Download Reconfiguration Tool for Maximo Admin Workstations from the Integration Service Management (ISM) Library.
7a. Rename current C:\Program Files\IBM\Common\acsi to C:\Program Files\IBM\Common\acsix
7b. Copy c:\ibm\smp directory from source to target
7c. Using Reconfiguration Tool for Maximo Admin Workstations 7.1,
- updateJ2eeConfiguration action to change WebSphere server connection information
- updateDatabaseConfiguration to change Database connection information
7d. Rebuild maximo ear.
Administrative Workstations (including new server)
8. On other Maximo administrative workstations:
8a. Download Reconfiguration Tool for Maximo Admin Workstations from the ISM library (see above)
8a. On the Maximo 6.2 installations, change the jdbc string in maximo.properties and all reporting properties files
8b. Rebuild maximo.ear
8c. Using Reconfiguration Tool for Maximo Admin Workstations 7.5, modify existing Maximo SmartCloud Control Desk 7.5 installation:
- updateJ2eeConfiguration action to change Database server name.
* Why not change the WebSphere server connection information? Because WebSphere 7.1 is required for SmartCloud Control Desk, and the new server is WebSphere 6.1. WebSphere 7.1 is on a different server. It has not changed.
8e. Rebuild maximo.ear
Target Server (general steps) - for Tuesday
* Create Application Servers: max62server, max62SQLserver, max71server, RMIregistry
- modify initial and maximum memory heap sizes
- modify Generic JVM arguments to values recommended in Best Practices for System Performance
* create Virtual Hosts: max62_host, max62SQL_host, max71_host
* install RMI Registry application
* Install maximo and msiehs/maximohelp ears for each server
* Start servers (except max71server)
Note: max71server has application Server Security enabled, so WebSphere will have to be configured for it. The database is already configured for it.
Tuesday: : execution and troubleshooting