Installing WebSphere 8.5.5 with Installation Manager
Richard Lesses 2700011KU1 Comments (2) Visits (22949)
Earlier this year, I blogged on installing IBM Installation Manager, without getting into too much detail, actually. I recently followed that up with a step-through migrating profiles from WebSphere 7.0 to WebSphere 8.5.5. I seem to have forgotten an important step, huh? Yep, that's right. This week's blog post will be all about How to Get Your Blog Posts In Order.
Second, the link to the firs
Now, the missing blog post:
1. Launch Installation Manager
2. From the File Menu, select Preferences. The first item is Repositories.
4. Click Apply.
5. On the IBM Installation Manager screen, click Install.
6. Select everything. Click Next.
7. Accept the terms and click Next.
8. At the next four Install Packages screens, click Next.
9. On the Configuration for IBM HTTP Server for WebSphere Application Server 18.104.22.168 screen: If you recall from previous blog posts, I disabled all of the existing WAS 7.0 services. So, port 80 will be available. Click Next.
10. At Configuration for Application Client for IBM WebSphere Application Server 22.214.171.124, change Host name to a fully-qualified host name (for example, maxp
11. Click Next. Install with Oracle Java JDK 1.6 (not Java 1.7 or later), for example:
12. Click Next.
13. At install Packages, click Install.
14. This will take awhile. When it completes, click Finish.
15. Exit out of IBM Installation Manager.
Until next, time, happy installing!