BiLog: Maximo Cognos Metadata Publishing Demo
PamDenny 270000BXV7 Visits (2196)
I didn’t see any faces on my toast this morning. But the tall oak outside my kitchen window gave me a very inquisitive look as I left the house. Really? Yes. Seeing is believing!
In the last few BiLogs, we’ve been talking about the metadata used in the Maximo-Cognos Report Integration. These discussions have included -
1. Defining the meta data, as a pre-joined, hierarchal collections of database object here
2. Capitalizing on the integration functionality to dynamically create the Cognos meta data from Maximo here
3. Detailing the business rules surrounding the Maximo Publishing functionality here
But...seeing is believing! To help you SEE the functionality, a new demo recording is available. The recording includes
1. Creating a Report Object Structure (ROS), including its hierarchy, relationships, and cardinality.
2. Excluding attributes for improved usability as a ROS Best Practice
3. Publishing of ROS as Cognos Metadata, or package
4. Accessing of published package in Cognos
5. Reviewing the Maximo ROS publishing business rules, including use of ROS description and simple sql relationships
To read more details on the Maximo-Cognos Integration, including the chapter ‘Creating Report Object Structures for Cognos Packages’, please access the Maximo-Cognos Report Integration Guides. The guide for Maximo 7.5 can be downloaded here and the guide for Maximo 7.1 can be downloaded here