Conditions can be quirky...
ColleenMcCretton 270002FD5R Visits (2400)
Back in the lab in Littleton, MA, we are busy closing out issues and defects for our next fix pack. While assisting in this effort, I realized that some of the behavior of conditions and data restrictions can be confusing.
For example, I was putting a qualified data restriction on the Ticket object and wanted only records with a particular status and priority to show up. I need to create the condition for the SR view for it to be applied in the Service Request application. I also need to create the condition for the TICKET table for the condition to be applied to the Related Records lookup for tickets in the Work Order application. A restriction on the main table is not applied to the views.
In another situation I was working with a restriction on contracts. The contracts applications use views on the CONTRACT table, so to restrict the records in the Purchase Contract application, I need to create the restriction on the view, not the main table. But when I used the lookup for contracts in the PR application I noticed that the table on that dialog was different - it was CONTRACTAUTH.
There's an easy way to find the object and attribute for a field in Maximo. Click a field and press ALT+F1
For more information about data restrictions, see the topic about Conditional security and data restrictions