BiLog: Learning...Tips and Tricks for using new Maximo Report Wiki Pages!
PamDenny 270000BXV7 Visits (11250)
I was fired from my first job. I was 16 years old, working as a busboy for a busy restaurant in Buffalo when my boss told me to refill the ice in the salad bar. As I carried a large bucket filled with ice past the busy dinner crowd, I suddenly lost my grip. As the ice chips settled everywhere – in plates of hot lasagna, bread baskets and under the feet of waitresses - my boss icely told me to grab a mop and then head home.
While I quickly learned that moving ice was not a viable career option for me…learning is a key component of our everyday lives. With the introduction of the new Maxi
1. Familiarize yourself with the hierarchy of the pages. As highlighted on the main page, the report wiki pages are broken down into these categories
A. Options – Report Options by Release, and Report Comparisons
C. Upgrading – Best Practices, Presentations, Planning Guides
D. Resources – Documentation, Demos, Report Groups and BiLogs
E. BIRT – A number of major components including
F. QBR – Ad Hoc Reporting including Features, Editing, and using Advanced search
G. ROS – Details and examples to extend including long description, audit objects and application exporting
I. FAQs – Listing of FAQs from Pulse User Conferences
J. Maximo 6 – Utilizing BIRT reporting in Maximo 6
2. Bookmark key pages for future reference. You may regularly access pages like the Repo
3. Setup RSS feeds to get automatic updates to any key pages. For example, you may want to set up an RSS feed for the Report Reference Materials to get an automated update for any new documents or document revisions. To do this, scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the RSS feed icon on the left had side. Right click on the icon, and copy the link address to your RSS Feed Reader.
4. Utilize tags in the lower left-hand side navigation bar to find details that you need. You can either directly click on one of the tags, or search for specific tag keywords.
5. Provide comments on a page if you think the information is unclear or requires more details. You can do this on any page by scrolling to the bottom and inputting your text. We need your comments to continually add value to these pages – so please be sure to let us know about any critical, missing information.
Thanks - and be sure to check out all the new Maximo Asset Management Wiki Pages located here!