Unable to start Maximo or can't login to Maximo ?
ScottErickson 2700027MHM Comment (1) Visits (17140)
Today I am going to talk about and show you the basics steps I like to use when diagnosing a Maximo won't start or you can't login to Maximo issue. See the steps I have put together:
1. Login to WebSphere console and stop the MXServer
2. Navigate to the systemout.log which is by default in \Program File
3. Go back to WebSphere console and restart the MXServer creating a new fresh systemout.log
4. If you get the green arrow showing started, attempt to log back into Maximo, this doesn't necessarily mean that Maximo is going to work.
5. If you are unable to login and get a Page can't be displayed or Error 500 or any other error, go open the fresh systemout.log file. (preferably with Notepad ++ you can note and provide the line number of the error if submitting a pmr)
6. Once you open the log file, scroll all the way to the top of the log file and then start scrolling down the log, you will see Maximo attempting to start, keep scrolling down until you see the first exception in the log file. Here is an example:
[8/17/15 11:53:48:417 EDT] 00000018 WebGroup A SRVE0169I: Loading Web Module: MBO Web Application.
*** See the fist line above showing the -- 11:53:50:476 [ERROR] BMXAA6421E - The system could not connect to the JDBC source.... this shows that Maximo is not connecting to the database for some reason, a bit further down in the log you see the "Caused by:" and this is stating Unkn
7. Research this hostname issue internally to see if you can resolve. If you cannot, proceed to step 8.
8. Copy the first error that you see which in the example above is BMXAA6418E and do a google search or use the search box in the top right corner of the Maximo Asset Management Knowledgbase - http
9. If you have reviewed and tried the resolutions and you are still having an issue, open a new pmr with a detailed description of your issue, include the fresh systemout.log that you just created and any other screenshots that you think may help support resolve the issue, also copy and paste the version information into the pmr. Submit the pmr and Maximo support will be happy to assist and help you resolve your problem.
I hope this helps and have a nice day !