The scheduler Start Date in the Wotrack application appears to yy-mm-dd format and when you download to Excel, it appears as mm-dd-yy.
This only occurs in version 76XX In Maximo 7.5 and 7.1, the date format in the Excel file is correct (yy-mm-dd)
For Maximo 7.6, you open the xls file with Open Office. It's work. The date format = yyyy-mm-dd;
You open the xls file with Excel 2010, then it's not work. The date format = mm-dd-yy.
When you opened the xls file with NotePad++ :
Go to this line
<td align="right" style='mso-number-format:"\[$-409\]m\/d\/yy\\h\:mm\\ AM\/PM\;\@";' x:num>15-12-18 08:02</td>
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1) Log into Maximo
2) Goto Work order tracking
3) On the List tab, filter work order 1169 Scheduled start date is :
4) Click download button (Excel file)
5) Open excel file
6) The date appears 05-02-11 (mm-dd-yy)
To solve this issue you shoul changing the following system propery:
If its 0, change it to 1. If its 1, set it to 0.
1) Go to System Configuration > Platform Configuration > System Properties
2) In the "Global Properties" find for webclient.downloaddatetimeastext
3) Expand the row and into the "Global Value" field change the value to 1
5) Select the row and click "Live Refresh" action