Building an Aircraft Asset Hierarchy in Asset Configuration Manager
MayOn 310000PW8U Visits (10371)
Howdy! Further to Edgar's blog about CM Items, What
here are the steps to build an Asset Hierarchy for an aircraft in Asset Configuration Manager.
1. Go to the Models (CM) application.
Create a new record called A320 with description Airbus A320.
2. Go to the "Build Items" section.
Label System = ATA , Label = 490001 (There is no field validation in the Label field).
Enter 3840161-1 as the CM Item (If there is no CM Item from the lookup, please hyperlink to the CM Item Master application and create new CM Items).
3. Click "New Row" to create a another Build Item e.g. 2ND STAGE ROTOR ASSEMBLY
Label System = ATA , Label = 490002
Enter 3610894-11 as the CM Item
4. Repeat step 2 and 3 above to create many build Items.
5. Go to the "Configurations" tab.
6. Go to the "Build Hierarchy and Position Rules" tab.
Select one of the existing build items.
7. Right-click on the Build Hierarchy section and select "New Sibling".
Select an existing Build Item, enter a position in the Position field:
8. Repeat step 6 and add 212 siblings.
9. Right-click on the "Build Hierarchy section" and select New Child.
Select build item "WHEEL-HALF INNER NLG" as the Build Item.
Enter a position.
10. Go up a level, Right-click on the "Build Hierarchy" section and select "New Sibling".
11. Repeat Step 10 above and enter Sibling and Child assets so that there will be around 592 records in the hierarchy.
A typical aircraft model will have around 4 to 5 levels of build hierarchy.
12. Go to Master PM (CM) application
Create a Frequency for both Time and Meter Based Frequency.
12. Go to the New Asset Assemblies application.
Enter Meters, Spare Parts, Condition Monitoring, Warranty details on the bottom of the screen.
From the "Select Action" menu, select 'Create Sub assemblies from the CM build'.
8. Go to the "Sub Assemblies Details" tab.
Go to 'Select Action' menu, select Create Asset.
9. Go to the Assets (CM) application.
10. Change the status of the parent asset from Operating to ACTIVE.
An Aircraft has now been created in Maximo.