Maximo: Update Person's Supervisor from Active Directory using Escalation and Automation Script
PaulusGunadi 2700002FV1 Visits (12000)
Problem Description / Requirement
You want to synchronize the Person's supervisor from Active Directory Manager attribute. This requirement cannot be addressed by updating LDAPSYNC mapping configuration. That is because the Manager attribute in Active Directory and Supervisor attribute in Maximo Person object are not referenced to the same attribute. In Active Directory, the Manager attribute value is the Distinguished Name (dn) of the manager's record, while in Maximo, the Supervisor of a Person record is the personid attribute of the manager's record. And the personid is usually mapped to sAMAccountName attribute in Active Directory.
Use Automation Script to lookup the person's manager record in Active Directory, and the script will get the manager's sAMAccountName to be updated into person's supervisor attribute.
Pre-requisites and Assumptions
1. LDAPSYNC should have been configured and running
2. The Manager record must exist in both Active Directory and in Maximo Person object
3. Maximo Personid is mapped to Active Directory sAMAccountName attribute
2. Create Script with Action Launch Point:
3. Click to the next dialog to input script information and variables:
Note: You can use other binding type such as SYSPROP and register the values in System Properties
4. Click to the next dialog and import or paste the script from step #1 into the provided Source Code field:
5. Create Action Group:
6. Create Escalation:
7. Activate GETLDAPMGR Escalation.