Maximo Spatial 126.96.36.199 Series #4 - Bringing your Data in with the ArcGISDataSync Crontask
Suraj Singh 2700060R5J Comments (3) Visits (11364)
It's Suraj again, and today I'll be sharing a topic that is of popular demand. This one is regarding the ArcGISDataSync Crontask!
Firstly, there are a few prerequisites. Before we can bring the data into Maximo, you will need to:
3) Ensure your admin mode is turned off.
4) Your map services must be configured for feature services.
There are several parts to this configuration and we will go through each. Let's have your Map Service URL Handy. For example, mine will be: http
First: The Crontask Configuration
Bring up the ArcGISDataSync crontask. You can configure for Asset, Location or Service Address. We will do this for the Asset.
1) Select the AssetSync Cron Task Instance
2) In the Parameters (see http
a) GISOBJECTNAME = WHYDRANT(Or what you've named your GIS Object)
b) URL : http
c) PROCESSEDFLAG: OPERABLE=2 (Currently, it may be set to MXCREATIONSTATE. This is the field we'll update to tell the crontask not to process this field again)
d) NUMREQUESTS: 0 (Default is 0, this tells the cron to continue until there are no more records in the feature service to process)
Second: The JSON Mapping
Open up the JSON Mapping application and create a new record
2) Use the link to get another URL: http
3) Copy this URL into the URL Field of the JSON Mapping tab, and then tab out. After a few seconds, you will notice the JSON Document field populate.
4) Click the properties tab
5) Click on "Map More Objects"
6) Select "ASSET"
7) Follow the same process until it looks similar to below:
8) Click number 3 (//f
Continue this for as many attributes as you'd like. Below are the required ones:
Third: The Map Manager
1) Bring up your map manager application
2) Open the map, and then open the Map Service that contains the Object you've created
3) In the Service layers, open this up and then in the "Inbound JSON Mapper Name", enter your JSON Mapping name
(You can follow the similar steps above to create the Response mapping, and include in the "Response JSON Mapper Name")
Finally: Activating the Crontask
1) Go to the Crontask application
2) Bring up the ArcGISDataSync crontask
3) Change the schedule if needed and then Check the "Active" box for the AssetSync:
You can now go to your assets application, and you will see the assets were brought in. When completed, you can turn the crontask off.
Thanks for reading! Join me on the next one!
Earlier blogs in the Series: