Maximo Management Interface(MMI) API overview and how to use it
Rhong 270000CPG9 Comment (1) Visits (11924)
Do you want to get information about the current state of a Maximo deployment through simple URL?
If so, use Maximo Management Interface( = MMI ) introduced in Maximo 7.6.
Let me introduce new feature MMI.
1. What is the MMI (Maximo Management Interface) and what kind of information we can get ?
- MMI is a new feature introduced in Maximo 7.6
- a set of REST APIs that enable HTTP-based clients to access information that is related to the current state of a Maximo deployment.
- All MMI requests are HTTP GET requests (Not intended to modify the state of system)
- MMI uses a software bus that is based on the RMI to interconnect between the servers that are part of a Maximo deployment. This bus helps MMI to collect information from any live Maximo server
2. Prior knowledges required to use MMI API.
- In order for the APIs, the system property mxe.oslc.webappurl must be defined in the System Properties application.
3. How to use MMI API.
- There are a list of available MMI APIs in the Monitor Environment Information dialog of the Logging application.
- The URL template for each API in the table is http
<< TEST >>
1. Run a simple URL(default OSLC URL) : http
If you click http
You can see SPI lists to track deployment status.
ex. If you want to see memory , you can click memory URL. If you want mbocount , you can click mbocount URL.
cf ) MMI APIs are designed to represent the hierarchical nature of the deployment information. When using JSON viewer, you can navigate hierarchical information by Hyperlink.
4. If you want to create a new API by your own requirement, you can reference below URL.
<< Sample Case : A system administrator wants to determine how many listeners are associated with each object event type >>
1. Create an automation script named as 'LISTENERS' in the Automation Script application
2. In the logging application, Click 'Monitor Environment Information.
- Click New
- Add 'listener' using the script created in above step like below screen shoot
Then, you can track how many listeners are related to some event.
ex) want to know how many listeners are related for maxi