GL Account merge issue after changing GL Account structure
AliceDegawa 270003GX3K Visits (9890)
Problem: After performing a change in the GL Account structure, you may have an issue in GL Account merging.
Please consider the following system configuration and dataset:
Steps to replicate the problem:
1. Go to Work Order Tracking
2. Create a WO against the Location in question. Note that the GL Account field is filled in with the Location GL Account, 6000-200-000.
3. Go to Plans tab > Materials sub-tab, click on New Row button, enter the Item in question and save WO.
4. Approve WO and take note note of its number
5. Go to Inventory Usage application
6. Bring up the Inventory Usage record created for the WO above
The problem is: The GL Debit Account field shows the Location GL Account, 6000-200-000.
The expected result is: The GL Debit Account field should show a GL Account built by the merge of both Location and Item Commodity Group GL Accounts: 6000-200-610.
1. Go to Chart of Accounts application.
2. More Actions > Update Database.
3. From Update Database dialog, select the option "Overwrite Accounts With Old Defaults?" and click OK.
The MAXVARS related to GL Validation do affect whether the merge is performed. In particular, DISABLEGLSWITCH must be set to false and GLCHECKCOA set to true by running the procedure below:
1. Using Maximo Database Configuration application, please ensure that no database configuration changes are pend
2. Stop the Maximo application serv
3. Back up the Maximo data
4. Run the following 02 updates using a SQL tool
5. Restart the Maximo application serv