People sometimes ask us what they should receive when they buy Replication Server for z/OS. We decided to order a copy of Version 9 and show what we got. We expected documents and/or software for three products:
- InfoSphere Replication Server for z/OS
- WebSphere MQ for z/OS
- DB2 Connect Personal Edition
The box contained documents, CDs, and one 3590 tape. These were shown as 10 items in the packing list. The following three headings show pictures of what we received for each product and describes each item.
- The Program Directory for Replication Server.
- The packing list for everything in the box.
- A license information document for Replication Server (text in multiple languages).
- A 3590 tape with all Replication Server software on it. It was wrapped with a document telling how to unload the tape.
5. The program directory for WebSphere MQ.6. The license program specification for MQ.7. A CD with a Windows install of MQ documentation.8. A CD with a Linux install of MQ documentation.9. A CD with an install of WebSphere MQ V6 for z/OS
DB2 Connect Personal Edition
10. A box with five CD sleeves containing several CDs for DB2 Connect Personal Edition 9.7
DB2 Connect Personal Edition (CPE) can be installed on Windows or Linux and contains Replication Server's user interfaces (the Replication Center and asnclp). You do not have to install this copy of CPE if you already have a DB2 Connect in your shop. The DB2 Connect, most DB2 LUW servers, and the DB2 Administrative Client also contains Replication Server's user interfaces. You can simply point the user interfaces to your DB2 z/OS through your existing DB2 Connect.
Any questions? Post 'em here :)