Since October is a Cyber Security Month, here are some tips for cyber security which every Internet freak needs to follow -
Be ware of phishing emails -
- Never share your personal information with businesses via email or even in the pop-up screen.
- Avoid clicking on any links in the email-messages. Instead copy and paste the URL into your browser or go for add-on services like Spam Experts Spam Filter.
Discard the information properly -
- Dispose off the confidential documents, especially, that contain personal information.
- Use the correct tools while destroying the personal information or media files from your computer and mobile devices.
Become a good cyber citizen -
- Stop cyber-bullying, cyber-stalking or illegal activity in cyber space.
- Follow the copyright restrictions when downloading from the Internet.
Lock before leaving -
- Create individual logins when computer is used by multiple users.
- Remember to lock down your machine prior to leaving your desk.
Protect your mobile data -
- In case of loss or theft of your device, report to the authorities asap.
- Maintain a strong password for your mobiles too.
- Ensure your firewall and anti-virus are up-to-date.