New Features released in Mobile Device Management!
jeremylam 27000497H9 Visits (4112)
IBM has released several new features in the Mobile Device Management Fixlet Site for IBM Tivoli Endpoint Manager.
1. Nitrodesk Touchdown support
The TEM Agent now integrates with Nitrodesk Touchdown. This allows TEM to control a richer set of configurations on Android devices, such as selective wipe, and security polices like password length, encryption etc.
2. Google Cloud Messaging
The Android agent can now use Google Cloud Messaging to provide much quicker response times to action commands.
3. Proxy Agent enhancements
The Proxy Agent now supports almost all 'Take Action Dialog' constraints, action locking as well as custom site subscription.
4. Data Usage Reporting
The iOS app can now report a device’s data usage information for the past 3 months.
5. Expanded Configuration Options for Authenticated Enro
6. Numerous other fixes and improvements.
To take advantage of these new features, please take the following actions:
- Update any deployed Trusted Services Provider with Fixlet ID 200: Upgrade Trusted Services Provider.
- Update any Exchange or iOS Management Extenders using their associated upgrade Fixlets (ID 94 or 93).
- Run Fixlet 191: Upgrade Proxy Agents on any Management Extenders not previously updated.
- Let users know to upgrade their Android or iOS apps in the Google Play Store or Apple App Store respectively.
Published site version:
Mobile Device Management, version 40
Application Engineering Team
Tivoli Endpoint Manager
IBM Tivoli Software