Apple released their iOS6 update today, which is now available to all end-users on supported devices. More info about iOS 6 is available from Apple's website: http://www.apple.com/ios/
The IBM Endpoint Manager for Mobile Devices team is pleased to announce same-day support for the new Apple iOS6 release.
Here is what to expect:
- The previous versions of IBM Endpoint Manager components (including the Management Extender for Apple iOS and the IBM Mobile Client app) will support iOS6 without any issues. However, the previous versions won't be able to take advantage of new iOS 6 MDM functionality (detailed below).
- To take advantage of the new Apple iOS 6 MDM features, you will need to update your Management Extender for Apple iOS, which can be done from an upgrade Fixlet in the MDM Fixlet site at Mobile Device Management > Setup and Maintenance > Upgrade MDM Components.
- There is no update needed for the IBM Mobile Client app to take advantage of iOS 6 functionality.
IBM Endpoint Manager for Mobile Devices has been updated to enable the following new iOS 6 features.New configuration profile features
New configuration profile features for devices supervised by Apple Configurator
- Configure a profile to automatically be removed at a specified date
- Disable recent contacts from syncing for a given email account
- Disable passbook while device is locked
- Disable shared photo streams
- Enforce routing all HTTP traffic through a global proxy
- Lock the device to a single application and disable the home button
- Disable user installation of configuration profiles and certificates
- Disable game center
- Disable bookstore and set rating restriction on bookstore
For more information about IBM Endpoint Manager for Mobile Devices, please check with your IBM sales representative or check our Mobile Device Management wiki and forum.