IBM BigFix Protection
IBM BigFix Protection is pleased to announce the release of a new version of Core Protection.
- Behavior Monitoring Scan Enhancement
The scan capabilities of Behavior Monitoring Scan Enhancement, including Cryptolocker detection by Behavior Monitoring, works in conjunction with Web Reputation Services to verify the prevalence of files downloaded through HTTP channels or email applications. After detecting a newly encountered file, administrators can choose to prompt users before executing the file.
- Smart Protection Server Enhancement
The standalone version of the upgraded Smart Protection Server 3.0 is supported. The smart protection server now includes File Reputation Services pattern enhancements and detection capability with reduced memory and bandwidth consumption.
- Global Intelligence Command & Control Server Lists
Known Command and Control servers (C&C) servers can now be detected through the Smart Protection Network Global Intelligence list. Web Reputation Services checks all URLs against both the traditionalmalicious list, and the new Global Intelligence C&C server list.
- Network Content Inspection Engine Integration with Command & Control IP List
The Command and Control servers (C&C) IP list works in conjunction with Network Content Inspection Engine (NCIE) to detect network connections with known C&C servers. NCIE detects C&C server contact through any network channel.
- Platform and Browser Support
Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Windows 10 (Home, Pro, Education, and Enterprise editions) is now supported with advanced antivirus and personal firewall protection.
- Suspicious Connection Settings Enhancement
The Command & Control (C&C) Contact Alert Services now includes global user-defined approved and blocked IP lists and granular action configuration when suspicious connections are detected.
- Trend Micro Core Protection Module site: version 68
- Trend Micro Data Protection site, version 12
- Trend Micro Reporting site, version 48
- Trend Micro Mac Protection Module site, version 10
- Trend Micro Common Firewall site, version 20
For more information about the new release, see the BigFix Protection - Core Protection Module 11.0 SP1 Administrator's Guide.
We hope you find this latest release useful. Thank you!
Core Protection Team