IBM BigFix Patch is pleased to announce the release of the native tools site for CentOS 7, called "Patches for CentOS 7".
This site contains the content from the following supported channels for CentOS x86_64 systems:
Actions to take:
- Subscribe to the new site "Patches for CentOS 7" from the License Overview dashboard.
- Install the bzip2 utility on the endpoints to use the patches from the new site. The bzip2 utility decompresses the metadata file that contains all the package information to the endpoints.
Note: The bzip2 utility may not be included in the CentOS 7 base installation, therefore manual installation of this compression utility is required.
Here are the steps to install the bzip2 utility:
- Use the audit Fixlet named Install bzip2 (ID # 1) to identify the endpoints that require bzip2 utility.
- Download the installation package from http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/os/x86_64/Packages/bzip2-1.0.6-12.el7.x86_64.rpm.
- Use the RPM Deployment Wizard (available from the Linux RPM Patching site) to deploy the package to various endpoints.
- Execute the following actions related to the download plug-in:
- If the CentOS download plug-in has never been registered before, register it from the Manage Download Plug-ins dashboard.
- If the CentOS download plug-in is already registered, upgrade it to the latest version (2.3.5) from the Manage Download Plug-ins dashboard.
Note: The Manage Download Plug-ins dashboard is available from the Patching Support site.
Patches for CentOS 7 site, version 3
Patching Support site, version 407
- For the latest IBM BigFix Patch for CenOS User's Guide, see here.
- For information about the RPM Deployment Wizard in Knowledge Center, see here.
- For information about download plug-ins in Knowledge Center, see here.
Application Engineering Team