IBM BigFix Compliance
Updated CIS Checklist for Ubuntu 16 to enhance the filesystem scan script, fix the remediation and compliance logic
CIS Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS Benchmark, v1.0.0
CIS Checklist for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Server, site version 6
(The site version is provided for air-gap customers.)
- Optimized filesystem scan script, less space needed for the fileresults.db and temporary files
- The task will now verify there is enough storage on endpoint before building the database
- xccdf_org.cisecurity.benchmarks_rule_6.2.9_Ensure_users_own_their_home_directories : Updated compliance logic of the fixlet
- xccdf_org.cisecurity.benchmarks_rule_6.1.10_Ensure_no_world_writable_files_exist : Updated compliance logic of the fixlet
- xccdf_org.cisecurity.benchmarks_rule_6.1.11_Ensure_no_unowned_files_or_directories_exist : Updated compliance logic of the fixlet
- xccdf_org.cisecurity.benchmarks_rule_6.1.12_Ensure_no_ungrouped_files_or_directories_exist : Updated compliance logic of the fixlet
Actions to take:
- To subscribe to the above site, you can use the License Overview Dashboard to enable and gather the site. Note that you must be entitled to the BigFix Compliance product and you must be using IBM BigFix version 9.2 and later.
- If you use custom sites, update your custom sites accordingly to use the latest content. You can synchronize your content by using the Synchronize Custom Checks wizard. For more information, see https://ibm.biz/Bd4LBt.
To know more about IBM BigFix Compliance SCM checklists, please see
We hope you find this latest release of SCM content useful and effective. Thank you!
-- The IBM BigFix Compliance team