IBM BigFix Compliance
Updated CIS Checklist for Oracle Database 11g R2 on Linux to support a more recent version of benchmark and to extend operating systems coverage.
CIS Oracle Database 11g R2 Benchmark, V 2.2.0
CIS Checklist for Oracle Database 11_11g R2 on Linux, site version 2.
(The site version is provided for air-gap customers.)
- Site display name is updated from “CIS Checklist for Oracle Database 11_11g R2 on Linux” to “CIS Checklist for Oracle Database 11g R2 on Linux” to match the CIS Benchmark name.
- The checklist now supports following Operating systems:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Linux Oracle Enterprise Server 7
- Linux Oracle Enterprise Server 6
- CentOS 7
- CentOS 6
- Both analysis and remediation checks are included.
- Some of the checks allow you to use the parameterized setting to enable customization for compliance evaluation. Note that parameterization and remediation actions require the creation of a custom site.
- Updated Environment Setup Task to support multi-instance scenarios of Oracle Database.
- The checklist now contains a new non-compliance Fixlet “Verify that Environment Setup Task is executed for all active Oracle instances” with sourceId “envtask_status” to verify that Environment Setup Task is executed for all the running instances on Oracle Server.
- Updated Applicability Fixlet to ensure freshness of the compliance data. The Checklist will be reported as “Not Applicable” in the SCA reports, if Environment Setup Task is not executed for 90 days.
Actions to take:
- To subscribe to the above site, you can use the License Overview Dashboard to enable and gather the site. Note that you must be entitled to the BigFix Compliance product and you must be using IBM BigFix version 9.2 and later.
- If you use custom sites, update your custom sites accordingly to use the latest content. You can synchronize your content by using the Synchronize Custom Checks wizard. For more information, see https://ibm.biz/Bd4LBt.
To know more about the IBM BigFix Compliance SCM checklists, please see the following resources:
We hope you find this latest release of SCM content useful and effective. Thank you!
-- The IBM BigFix Compliance team