IBM BigFix Compliance
Updated CIS Checklist for MS SQL Server 2008 R2 to support a more recent version of benchmark and remediation support
CIS MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Benchmark, V 1.5.0
CIS Checklist for MS SQL Server 2008 R2, site version 5
(The site version is provided for air-gap customers.)
- The checklist now supports following Operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Both analysis and remediation checks are included.
- Some of the checks allow you to use the parameterized setting to enable customization for compliance evaluation. Note that parameterization and remediation actions require the creation of a custom site.
- Updated Applicability Fixlet to ensure freshness of the compliance data. The Checklist will be reported as “Not Applicable” in the SCA reports, if Environment Setup Task is not executed for 90 days.
- Updated “Environment Setup Task” to not to use action parameters.
Actions to take:
- To subscribe to the above site, you can use the License Overview Dashboard to enable and gather the site. Note that you must be entitled to the BigFix Compliance product and you must be using IBM BigFix version 9.2 and later.
- If you use custom sites, update your custom sites accordingly to use the latest content. You can synchronize your content by using the Synchronize Custom Checks wizard. For more information, see https://ibm.biz/Bd4LBt.
To know more about IBM BigFix Compliance SCM checklists, please see
We hope you find this latest release of SCM content useful and effective. Thank you!
-- The IBM BigFix Compliance team