IBM BigFix Compliance PCI Add-on
Updated the PCI DSS Checklists for various Windows 7 sites with improved data presentation
Updated PCI DSS checklist
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard v3.2
The IBM BigFix Compliance PCI Add-on team has updated the content of the PCI DSS checklist for Windows 7, Windows Embedded Standard 7, and Windows Embedded POSReady 7 to improve the data presentation. Details are as follows:
- The measured values for some checks, which can be viewed in the BigFix console, analyses, and SCA reports, are formatted for enhanced readability. The results now clearly present the desired system configuration setting, as specified by a check, against the actual setting on the endpoint.
- Some titles and descriptions of the checks are updated with the standardized format and extensions.
- The check Verify that "Change the system time" is set to 'Administrators, LOCAL SERVICE' (pcidss-10.4.2.a_3) is added to each site.
- The check Verify that "Enforce Password History" is set to 5 or more (pcidss-8.2.5.a) is updated to resolve APAR IV91721. The new check name, Verify that "Enforce Password History" is set to 4 or more, reflects the change.
- The following PCI DSS Policies are refreshed with the latest checklist content for the listed sites:
- PCI DSS Checklists
- PCI DSS Milestones View
- PCI DSS Requirements View
PCI DSS Checklist for Windows 7, version 7
PCI DSS Checklist for Windows Embedded Standard 7, version 4
PCI DSS Checklist for Windows Embedded POSReady 7, version 6
PCI DSS Reporting, version 2
*The site version is provided for air-gap customers
Actions to Take:
- Run an import in BigFix Compliance Analytics (formerly known as SCA) to see the latest results.
- If you use custom sites, update your custom sites accordingly to use the latest content. You can synchronize your content by using the Synchronize Custom Checks wizard. For more information, see https://ibm.biz/Bd4LBt.
- If you have not subscribed to the sites above, you can use the License Overview dashboard to enable and gather the sites. Note that you must be entitled to the new content and you are using IBM BigFix version 9.2 and later.
- If you were involved in the Beta / Early Access Program for IBM BigFix Compliance PCI Add-on, unsubscribe from the beta sites to avoid any conflicting issues with the production sites. If you do not unsubscribe from the beta sites, the content in the production sites will fail.
To know more information about the IBM BigFix Compliance PCI DSS checklists, see:
We hope you find this latest release of PCI DSS content useful and effective.
-- The IBM BigFix Compliance PCI Add-on team