IBM BigFix Compliance
IBM BigFix Compliance Client Manager for Endpoint Protection (CMEP) adds support for Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 for Windows
IBM BigFix Compliance CMEP adds support for Symantec Endpoint Protection version 14 on both x86 and x64 Windows systems. The following Fixlets are released for the newly supported product version:
- Fixlet ID: 668 - UPDATE: Outdated Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 Virus Definition Detected(x64)
- Fixlet ID: 669 - UPDATE: Outdated Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 Virus Definition Detected
The AV detection Fixlets, which detect installed anti-virus products on a system, are updated to include the extended coverage for Symantec Endpoint Protection version 14. The updated Fixlets are as follows:
- Fixlet ID: 83 - DEPLOYMENT: Anti-Virus Software Not Installed - Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/2008 R2/8/8.1/2012/2012 R2/10/2016 (x64)
- Fixlet ID: 5 - DEPLOYMENT: Anti-Virus Software Not Installed - Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/8/8.1/10
- Fixlet ID: 19 - Symantec Anti-Virus service Not Running
- Fixlet ID: 20 - Symantec Anti-Virus Not Running
Client Manager for Endpoint Protection, site version 3820
Actions to Take:
- Gather the indicated Client Manager for Endpoint Protection site version.
- If you use custom sites, update your custom sites accordingly to use the latest content. You can synchronize your content by using the Synchronize Custom Checks wizard. For more information, see https://ibm.biz/Bd4LBt.
The IBM BigFix Compliance CMEP team