IBM BigFix is pleased to announce the release of BigFix Compliance Analytics version 1.9.70 (Patch 1), formerly called IBM BigFix Security and Compliance Analytics (SCA).
Product: IBM BigFix Compliance
Published site: SCM Reporting, version 106.
This patch release covers the following fixes and updates:
- Update of IBM JRE to version 184.108.40.206. No user action is required for this update.
- Update of the navigation bar to align with the WebUI look and feel
- Fixes and workarounds were provided for the following:
- APAR 44481/V92305: Provided a workaround for checkfixlet errors that cause table conflict.
- 43766: Resolved the sentinel duplication error that occurs even if duplicates are deleted.
- 43797: Resolved the datasource sequence reset issue that results to an increased ETL time after upgrading to version 1.9.
- 43909: Modified the check properties query to remediate instances when the metadata check properties are not get collected correctly on DB2 BFE.
- 44343: Resolved instances where the ETL fails after the upgrade from 1.8 to 1.9 and an exception gets added to environment.
- 44457: Fixed Import failures in multiple datasource enviroments that are caused by checkFixlets from sites that have no subscriptions.
For first time installations:
1. In the License Dashboard in the IBM BigFix console, enable the SCM Reporting site.
2. In the Security Configuration domain in the console, open the Configuration Management navigation tree.
3. Select the Fixlet named IBM BigFix Compliance 1.9 First-time Install Fixlet under the IBM BigFix Compliance Install/Upgrade menu tree node.
4. Follow the Fixlet instructions and take the associated action to install your BigFix Compliance deployment.For upgrade installations:
Refer to the prescribed upgrade steps for the BigFix Compliance version that you are using.
IMPORTANT: Before you start any upgrade process, ensure that you perform server and database backup.
A. If you're using BigFix Compliance version 1.7, 1.8, or 1.9 follow these upgrade steps to upgrade to BigFix Compliance version 1.9 Patch 1:
1. Make sure that you performed server and database backup.
2. Make sure that known issues don't meet your environment.
3. In the Security Configuration domain in the console, open the Configuration Management navigation tree.
4. Under the IBM BigFix Compliance Install/Ugrade menu tree item, select the IBM BigFix Compliance 1.9 Upgrade Fixlet which automatically installs and upgrades to the new version.
5. Follow the Fixlet instructions and take the associated action to upgrade your IBM BigFix Compliance deployment.
6. Update the data schema. To do this, log in to the IBM BigFix Compliance web interface from the host server and proceed with configuration. Upgrading the data scheme is expected and it will take some time to complete.
NOTE: Automatic upgrade installation only affects installations running under the LocalSystem account. Folow the Fixlet instructions to install the update manually if this fix cannot be applied.
B. If you're using a version earlier then BigFix Compliance 1.5.78, follow these upgrade steps:
1. Manually upgrade to version 1.5.78. The 1.5.78 installer can be found here.
2. Manually upgrade to version 1.8.33. The 1.8.33 installer can be found here.
3. Use the IBM BigFIx Compliance 1.9 Upgrade Fixlet to upgrade to version 1.9. See steps A.
C. If you're using a version earlier than BigFix Compliance 1.8.33, follow these upgrade steps:
1. Manually upgrade to version 1.8.33. The 1.8.33 installer can be found here.
2. Use the IBM BigFix Compliance 1.9 Upgrade Fixlet to upgrade to version 1.9. See steps A.
BigFix Compliance team