IBM BigFix is pleased to announce the release of IBM BigFix Compliance Analytics version 1.9 Patch 2 [formerly called IBM Endpoint Manager for Security and Compliance Analytics (SCA)].
Product: IBM BigFix Compliance
Title: Availability of BigFix Compliance Analytics version 1.9 Patch 2
The BigFix Compliance Analytics version 1.9 Patch 2 release includes the following new features, fixes, and updates.
SCM Reporting, version 112.
New features and updates:
- REST API enhancements related to overall compliance percentage, overall compliance status, 30-day compliance trend, invoking imports, and schema definition for POLICY Checklist and POLICY Checks
- Password complexity can now be set for local users
- Support for Windows Server 2016
- Update of IBM JRE to version 184.108.40.206. No user action is required for this update.
- Update to WebSphere Liberty Profile 220.127.116.11. No user action is required for this update.
- Security enhancements
- Fixes for APARS and bugs
Fixes were applied to internal bugs and the following APARS:
- APAR IV93060: Console operator requirements in the sections for datasource and initial configuration.
- APAR IV93402: Fixed so that when objects surrounding measured properties analysis are updated, the analysis will no longer be incorrectly marked as “not activated” upon importing Compliance
- APAR IV94324: Applied fixes so that the settings to the secure attribute for session cookies and the html attribute for the password field are more secure.
- APAR IV93665, IV94944: Fixed occurrences of SCA import failures
For first time installations:
1. In the License Dashboard in the IBM BigFix console, enable the SCM Reporting site.
2. In the Security Configuration domain in the console, open the Configuration Management navigation tree.
3. Select the Fixlet named IBM BigFix Compliance 1.9 First-time Install Fixlet under the IBM BigFix Compliance Install/Upgrade menu tree node.
4. Follow the Fixlet instructions and take the associated action to install your BigFix Compliance deployment.
For upgrade installations:
Refer to the prescribed upgrade steps for the BigFix Compliance version that you are using.
IMPORTANT: Before you start any upgrade process, ensure that you perform server and database backup.
A. If you're using BigFix Compliance version 1.7, 1.8, or 1.9, follow these upgrade steps to upgrade to BigFix Compliance version 1.9 Patch 2:
1. Make sure that you performed server and database backup.
2. Make sure that known issues don't meet your environment.
3. In the Security Configuration domain in the console, open the Configuration Management navigation tree.
4. Under the IBM BigFix Compliance Install/Ugrade menu tree item, select the IBM BigFix Compliance 1.9 Upgrade Fixlet which automatically installs and upgrades to the new version.
5. Follow the Fixlet instructions and take the associated action to upgrade your IBM BigFix Compliance deployment.
6. Update the data schema. To do this, log in to the IBM BigFix Compliance web interface from the host server and proceed with configuration. Upgrading the data scheme is expected and it will take some time to complete.
NOTE: Automatic upgrade installation only affects installations running under the LocalSystem account. Follow the Fixlet instructions to install the update manually if this fix cannot be applied.
B. If you're using a version earlier then BigFix Compliance 1.5.78, follow these upgrade steps:
1. Manually upgrade to version 1.5.78. The 1.5.78 installer can be found here.
2. Manually upgrade to version 1.8.33. The 1.8.33 installer can be found here.
3. Use the IBM BigFIx Compliance 1.9 Upgrade Fixlet to upgrade to version 1.9. See steps A.
C. If you're using a version earlier than BigFix Compliance 1.8.33, follow these upgrade steps:
1. Manually upgrade to version 1.8.33. The 1.8.33 installer can be found here.
2. Use the IBM BigFix Compliance 1.9 Upgrade Fixlet to upgrade to version 1.9. See steps A.
SCM Reporting, version 112.
BigFix Compliance (SCA) Release Notes wiki: https://ibm.co/2qePzKY.
BigFix Compliance team