IBM BigFix is pleased to announce the release of IBM BigFix Compliance Analytics version 1.9.60. formerly called IBM Endpoint Manager for Security and Compliance Analytics (SCA).
Product: IBM BigFix Compliance
Title: Availability of BigFix Compliance Analytics version 1.9.60: New policy reporting capability and feature enhancements
Published site: SCM Reporting, version 104.
The BigFix Compliance Analytics version 1.9.60 release includes the following new features and updates.
New features and updates:
- BigFix Compliance Analytics now provides a policy compliance reporting capability that allows for more effective analysis and reporting of different security configuration policies. PCI DSS policies are available for users of the Compliance PCI-Add component.
For more details, see PCI Add-on Release Announcements ( https://forum.bigfix.com/c/release-announcements/pci-add-on ).
- BigFix Compliance Analytics users can receive email notifications for failed imports and when unexpected changes to target reports occur. Unexpected changes include the disparity in expected number of rows and when the number of rows are updated on a saved report.
- Lines with lengthy content entries are wrapped and displayed correctly on the Grid Report View and on PDF grid reports.
- BigFix Compliance Analytics and BigFix Inventory can now be deployed on the same server without any session key conflicts
- The BigFix Compliance Analytics Overview page does not display the Vulnerability Overview if there is no report about vulnerability.
- Upgrade to Ruby on Rails 4.2. No user action is required for this upgrade.
- Update of IBM JRE to version 220.127.116.11. No user action is required for this update.
- Support of upgrades from earlier versions of Compliance (refer to the table in the Actions to take section)
* 43713: 1.9 upgrade/migration is sensitive to duplicate scm-ids within a custom site
* 43766: After upgrade, the 1.9 ETL is sensitive to accidental duplication of applicability fixlets within a custom site
* 43797: Datasource sequence reset post 1.9 upgrade increases initial 1.9 import duration to a time comparable with a remediation import
Actions to take:
The first time installation:
1. In the License Dashboard in the IBM BigFix console, enable the SCM Reporting site.
2. In the Security Configuration domain in the console, open the Configuration Management navigation tree.
3. Select the Fixlet named IBM BigFix Compliance 1.9 First-time Install Fixlet under the IBM BigFix Compliance Install/Upgrade menu tree node.
4. Follow the Fixlet instructions and take the associated action to install your BigFix Compliance deployment.
Refer to the prescribed upgrade steps for the BigFix Compliance version that you are using.
Important: Before you start any upgrade process, make sure that you perform server and database backup.
A. If you're using IBM BigFix Compliance version 1.7 or 1.8, follow these upgrade steps to upgrade for IBM BigFix Compliance version 1.9:
1. Make sure that you performed server and database backup
2. Make sure that known issues don't meet your environment
3. In the Security Configuration domain in the console, open the Configuration Management navigation tree.
4. Under the IBM BigFix Compliance Install/Upgrade menu tree item, select the IBM BigFix Compliance 1.9 Upgrade Fixlet, which automatically installs and upgrades to the new version.
5. Follow the Fixlet instructions and take the associated action to upgrade your IBM BigFix Compliance deployment.
6. Update the data schema. To do this, log in to the IBM BigFix Compliance web interface from the host server and proceed with configuration.
Upgrading the data schema is expected and it will take sometime to complete.
Note: Automatic upgrade installation only affects installs running under the LocalSystem account. Please follow the Fixlet instructions to install the update manually if this fix cannot be applied.
B. If you're using a version earlier than 1.5.78, follow these upgrade steps:
1. Manually upgrade to version 1.5.78. The 1.5.78 installer can be found here.
2. Manually upgrade to version 1.8.33. The 1.8.33 installer can be found here.
3. Upgrade to version 1.9 using the IBM BigFix Compliance 1.9 Upgrade Fixlet. (See steps A)
C. If you're using a version than earlier than 1.6.139, follow these upgrade steps:
1. Manually upgrade to version 1.8.33. The 1.8.33 installer can be found here.
2. Upgrade to version 1.9 using the IBM BigFix Compliance 1.9 Upgrade Fixlet. (See steps A)
BigFix Compliance team
[Note: This post was updated to include the link to the Release Notes wiki page.]