My notifications has been upgraded!
My notifications received a major upgrade in 2014 to give you a streamlined and a simpler way to receive notifications for critical issues before they become problems.
Refer to the My notifications landing page to learn more about the service, and how you can get started in under a minute!
The information below might be outdated but is available for your reference.
What is My Notifications?
A vital part in ensuring a secure and highly available computing environment is to take a proactive stance at staying informed of critical product support updates through My Notifications.
By signing up with My Notifications you will receive daily or weekly announcements of critical product updates, security bulletins, and other important support information for your IBM products through e-mail, RSS feeds, and/or custom web pages.
Your subscription on My Notifications is completely customizable. You can choose the method of notifications, the type of content to be included, the frequency of updates, and the list of IBM products you would like to be included.
How do I get started with My Notifications?
Follow the instructions below to stay informed of critical updates from IBM Support for your IBM products:
2. Click on “My Notifications” (outlined in the red box below)
3. Sign in with your IBM ID (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org), or create one if you do not already have an IBM ID.
4. To create a new subscription, click on “Subscribe” (outlined in the red box below).
5. On this screen, choose the product(s) for which you are interested in receiving notifications. You can find your products either by navigating the product groupings, or by searching for the product name (outlined in the red box below).
Option 1: Select your product - choose the product group you are interested in creating a subscription for by selecting a product family. For example: WebSphere. Then choose the products you are interested in creating a subscription for. You can choose multiple products.
Option 2: Search for your product - enter the name of your IBM product into the search box, and click on the “Search” button. For example: WebSphere Application Server. Then select the product you are interested in creating a subscription for. Click on the header link if you are interested in creating a subscription for multiple products (outlined in the red box below):
Tips: If you are unable to locate your product using the two options listed above, try looking into the “Other Software” product group.
7. On this screen you have a number of customization options:
Notify me by:
Ensure that at least “Email” is selected as a notification method. This indicates that your notifications will be sent by e-mail. We also suggest receiving daily emails in plain text (see screen capture below).
Document types: We recommend that you select all of the listed document types. If you prefer not to be alerted of all document types, ensure that at least "Security bulletin" and “Flashes” are selected. These document types include critical product updates, security bulletins, and other important communications from IBM Support (see screen capture below).
Tips: For a description of what each document type includes, click on the “What are these?” link.
8. Once you have finished customizing your subscriptions, click on the “Submit” button.
9. Your subscription has now been created. You will begin receiving critical product updates from IBM Support.
Tips: You can also create multiple subscriptions for different product family, with different subscription options, by repeating the instructions above.