You are probably familiar with the IBM Business Process Manager Information Centers that are hosted on IBM servers. You probably rely on them to provide you with information on how to install, configure, and use your IBM software. The Information Centers are available at the following URLs:
- Version 8.5: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v8r5m0/index.jsp
- Version 8.0.1: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v8r0m1/index.jsp
- Version 8.0: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v8r0mx/index.jsp
- Version 7.5.1: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v7r5m1/index.jsp
- Version 7.5: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v7r5mx/index.jsp
Have you ever encountered a network problem and were not able to connect to the information centers?
Have you ever wanted to use the documentation, but have not had Internet access?
What about those instances where you are doing work at 30,000 feet in the air and you cannot access the Internet. Would you like to access them locally?
Are you aware that you can download and install a local version of the IBM Business Process Manager Information Centers? The information center framework even enables you to download updates directly into the locally installed information center. To download the information center, go to the IBM Business Process Manager documentation library page and select the tab for the information center version that meets your needs.
At the bottom of each of these version tabs, there is a section entitled, "Business Process Manager product documentation for <Version Number> (downloadable information center)." For example:
Every effort is made to keep these downloadable information centers in synchronization with major updates to the online information centers.