IBM Customer Experience Suite, IBM WebSphere Portal, and IBM Web Content Manager V8.0 Beta 2 is Now Available
Take a look at the latest updates available with the IBM Customer Experience Suite, WebSphere Portal and Web Content Manager Beta Two release.
This beta release operates on WebSphere Application Server Version 8, and includes updates that can provide your users with a more social, mobile and integrated experience.
Version 8.0 Beta two highlights include
- Managed Pages
- A simplified way to create and manage portal pages and web content using a new integrated toolbar.
- New page draft and approval process lets you preview and approve changes to pages before publishing them.
- Site Area Templates
- Create site area templates that define the authoring settings, such as the design of the form, elements and fields on a form, and default values.
- Restrict authoring templates usage. For example, use site area templates to only allow "news" items to be created within a "news" site area of a website.
- Enhanced Projects
- Add users as approvers for a project and send a project through a review state before publishing.
- Simplified Business Process Management
- Users access relevant tasks and activities for multiple Business Process Management solutions from a single user interface, the Unified Task List portlet.
- Integrate your site with several Process Management solutions.
- Enhanced SAP integration
- Support for the new IBM WebSphere Portal Integrator for SAP lets you expose elements from SAP Netweaver Portal directly into WebSphere Portal.
- IBM Installation Manager
- Manage the software life cycle with a single tool: Install, Update, Rollback, Modify, and Uninstall.
- Faster installation performance and better integration with other IBM products.
- Social Business in Context
- New Community Page support lets you more readily scope and place IBM Connections portlets in the right Portal and WCM context.
- IBM Connections Community Pages portlets are available for Profiles and Blogs with Beta 2.
- A consistent tagging and rating experience between WebSphere Portal, Web Content Manager, and IBM Connections.
- OpenID Authentication lets portal users authenticate with public social network credentials, such as a Facebook ID, Google ID or Yahoo ID.
Access the details, Beta software, documentation and support forum here:
We look forward to your impressions and experiences with the latest updates.