Designarrhea is the uncontrolled need to constantly produce highly sophisticated technical design documents and specifications.
Usually observed on subjects working in a waterfall environment, where documents are thrown over the fence after completion
(but need to be reworked constantly).
- High "output" of technical design documents, that may be technically/methodically elaborated, but give no additional business value
- Spending whole day sitting at the workstation trying to keep everything in sync with reality
- May also lead to social isolation from the rest of the team, due to increasing language disorders.
This is assumed to be a coincidence from a cross-infection with metamodeling-tapeworms and DSLs (document-slavery languages).
- Apply some "Model Storming cole", leading to "just enough" design to get the job done
- re-sozialize subject by establishing a "whole team" environment, speaking a common language