Where can I see it
If you want to see topologies there are two choices:
1) Use IBM Performance Management (v8.1.3) - either on-Prem or on-Cloud. Use IPM's web based interface.
2) Use ITCAM for Transactions v188.8.131.52 and view it via the TEPS
The export functionality is for SCAPM to provide additional links between its workspaces. SCAPM itself does not have ability to display topologies.
Where can I not
Transaction Tracking displays its own data as a topology (ie via TEPS/ITM). The knowledge center document below talks about importing Transaction Tracking data into SCAPM to allow SCAPM to understand server/application relationships, so it's UI can be enriched with additional links (eg from SCAPM's view of Websphere App server, jump to its view of MQ). SCAPM does NOT use this data to display a topology, as SCAPM (as a product) has no topology view.
Topologies can be displayed in Application Performance Management on Cloud.
simply indicates that APM v8.1.3 can display transactions topologies. It does not imply it takes this information from ITCAM for Transactions v184.108.40.206.
Products in discussion in the document below:
* SmartCloud Application Performance Monitoring (aka SCAPM v7.7)
* Transactions Tracking (TT) as a component of ITCAM for Transactions 220.127.116.11
* Application Performance Management (on Cloud), aka IBM Performance Management (IPM) aka IBM Application Performance Manage (IAPM). There are actually two "versions", the on-Premise and the on-cloud version. Functionally they are very similar, it is a delivery model difference.
* Performance Management in the cloud -> https://www.ibmserviceengage.com/application-monitoring/learn
* Performance Management on premise is available through Passport Advantage
* IPM has its own tracking functionality, and can display topology. This is Performance Management V8. The current version is APM v8.1.4.
Subscribe and follow us for all the latest information directly on your social feeds: