Because HAR (HTTP ARchive' format ) files track the logging of the web browser's interaction with a web site, HAR files may be required to troubleshoot Synthetic (SN) agent issues such as the following:
Performance: slow page load, timeout when performing certain tasks
Page rendering: incorrect page format, missing information
This blog shows you how to generate a HAR file using the Firefox browser.
Important: If you cannot launch Firefox from the agent host, please capture the screenshot and HAR file from a host on the same network as the agent.
Before you visit the URL in Firefox again, please delete the browser cache first.
Launch Firefox. Click Ctrl+Shift+Delete in the Firefox client area. Choose "Everything" in "Time range to clear ". Click "Clear Now". Like this:
Capture a Screenshot and HAR File
1) Start by opening Firefox. Clear the browser cache.
2) In Firefox, enter the URL of the page within your application where you are experiencing trouble.
3) Click the Firefox menu (three horizontal parallel lines) at the top-right of your browser window. Then, select Developer > Network.
4) The Developer Network Tools will open as a docked panel at the side or bottom of Firefox. Click on the Network tab.
5) The recording will autostart once you start performing actions in the browser.
6) Click the Request Details button to display request details.
7) Refresh the web page you are on. The goal is to reproduce the problem you've been experiencing while Firefox is recording activity. In Firefox, you typically use the F5 key on your keyboard to refresh the current page.
Please try to notice if there is a request hang or lengthy pause in Firefox when you initially load the page. A lengthy response time may be partly due to the time it takes to open the page.
8) The Developer Network Panel needs to include the document load time and the time of the request. Like this:
9) Once you have reproduced the issue and you see that all of the actions have been generated in the Developer Network Panel (should just take a few seconds), right click under the "File" column. In the pop-up menu, click on "Save all as HAR". Another pop-up menu allows you to save the HAR file in your local file system. Save the HAR file somewhere convenient.
10) Take a screenshot of the Developer Network Panel.
11) You're done! Please attach the HAR file and the screenshot of the Developer Network Panel to your email, or upload these artifacts to the Salesforce case so IBM can assist you further.