IBM Tivoli Software is pleased to announce a pilot program that you can use to create and manage your own Requests For Enhancement (RFEs) from a web portal. RFEs are your way to tell the Tivoli team what features you would like to see within Tivoli products. From the Tivoli RFE Community, you can collaborate with Tivoli Development teams and other product users through your ability to search, view, comment on, submit, and track RFEs. The pilot will be started with 26 Tivoli products, with the goal to transition 100% of Tivoli products to the RFE Community Tool in Q1 2011.
What is the Tivoli RFE Community?
The Tivoli RFE Community is a place where you can collaborate with Tivoli development teams and other product users through your ability to search, view, comment on, submit, and track product requests for enhancement (RFEs).
The community acts as a front-end database bridged to the back-end databases used by Tivoli Development and Product Management. New submissions, user comments, status changes, and developer comments are bridged between the Tivoli RFE Community and back-end systems several times a day. By using this bridge, the Tivoli development teams can work with the processes and tools they are most comfortable with, while allowing you to collaborate in an open community environment.
How will this change help you?
By using the Tivoli RFE Community as your preferred method for RFE submission, you can gain the following advantages:
- Eliminate multiple touch points that slow down communication in the RFE process.
- Increase the transparency in the development process.
Provide predictable response times for feature requests:
- Initial triage in 30 days
- Disposition in 90 days
- Empower you to influence Tivoli product direction and road maps as well as break down barriers between users and development.
- Provide a better tool for you to review other RFE ideas on the same product and cast a vote for their favorites.
Some popular features of the Tivoli RFE Community
- Online submission of RFEs
- Browse RFEs by product
- Top 20 Watched RFEs
- Top 20 Voted RFEs
- Planned RFEs
- Delivered RFEs
- Online searching for RFEs
- Vote on RFEs
- Watch RFEs
- Set email or RSS feed notifications
- Comment on RFEs
- Start or join a group to discuss RFEs
How can I get started?
Go to the Tivoli RFE Community home page at Tivoli RFE Community (updated link on Jun 9, 2014)