Making it Big in Software
Sadly I haven't spent time in Europe in the spring... but I hear it's nice! I've just been approved for IBM's Information on Demand (IOD) Conference
that takes place in Rome this spring: May 19-21, so finally I'll get a chance to experience the loveliness of myself! I hope many of you are able to attend the conference as well.
My purpose at the conference is to sell books to attendees. We have a spot set up in a central location and have plans to showcase many of the books that have been recently published. For an idea of the books that you'll see there, see my previous blog entries:
I'll also be setting up book signings for a few of the authors:
Magnus Lindkvist, keynote speaker and facilitator
Magnus is a trendspotter and futurologist based in Stockholm, Sweden, His mission is to help companies make sense (and money) out of future possibilities and inspire people into action. He founded his company Pattern Recognition AB in 2005 and have a mix of large conglomerates and nimble upstarts within finance, energy, media and IT on the client list. Furthermore, he was elected Sweden’s Business of Speaker of the Year in 2009.
Mario Godinez, Eberhard Hechler, Klaus Koenig, Steve Lockwood, Martin Oberhofer, and Michael Schroeck
Learn from this team of authors who are high ranked specialists in this field.
I might add a few other author signings... and wanted to add Sam Lightstone, but he is not able to attend this conference. His book Making it Big in Software will be available for purchase at the conference even though Sam will not be there.
Besides the books, you'll also be able to buy IBM-logo merchandise. A wide range of items are being made available for you to purchase.
And then of course the conference:
1) Susan Dykman will be administering Certification Exams at the event, free to attendees.
2) Expert speakers from Analysts, Industry, IBM , and customers will share ideas and experience on the value of combining information and analytics.
3) Join in on an industry round table to get the latest in strategy.
4) Browse the Expo Centre for a wide range of real-world solutions, the latest innovations, and demos.
5) Meet IBM executives, solution and industry experts one to one.
6) Take part in Hands-on and Usability Labs.
7) And my favourite... network! Meet people from a variety of backgrounds and amaze yourself at the amount you have in common by being part of IBM's IOD.
Do you need some ideas to justify attending the conference? Get some tips from the "Why Attend?"
SIX more weeks! Lots of work to do... so let the countdown begin!