Amazon's pre-order price for this book is an amazing 34% off the regular price. Act now as this offer could be removed at any time!
& this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
Viral Data in SOA
An Enterprise Pandemic
by Neal A. Fishman Ensure the Reliability of the Data
environments utilize web services to share data more widely and rapidly
than ever before. It’s easier than ever for incorrect data to trigger
inappropriate actions, prevent urgent actions from being taken, disrupt
customer transactions and relationships, generate compliance problems,
and damage business performance. Companies need a comprehensive
blueprint for ensuring data reliability in their SOA environments. Viral Data in SOA provides that blueprint.
Leading IBM data forensics expert Neal A. Fishman helps you identify the unique challenges of data quality in your SOA environment-and implement solutions that deliver the best results at the lowest cost.
for both business and technical professionals, Fishman shows how to
think about data quality on a risk/reward basis...why effective data
governance is so important, and how to achieve it...how to evaluate
data quality, and overcome its inevitable decay...and, last but not
least, how to actually drive a data quality initiative that works.
· Why poor-quality data has become even more dangerous
· Practical solutions for assessing, improving, and sustaining data quality
· Why data governance is so critical-and realistic models for implementing it
· How to instill proactive accountability throughout your data processes
· Proven techniques for evaluating data before, during, and after its use
· Handling persistence and memory-resident databases in SOA environments
· Improving business, system, reference, and “meta” data
· Creating data models that support today’s broader spectrum of applications
· Sustaining data quality through conditioning
· Using systems thinking to limit future data problems and understand the potential ripple effects of data sharing
Neal A. Fishman,
leader of IBM Software Group’s integration forensics program, has
spoken at conferences around the world, and is a Practicing Member of
the World Wide Institute of Software Architects. He has served as
Technology Editor for the Data to Knowledge Newsletter, and as
a member of the IEEE IDEFobject and Business Rules Group standards
committees. Fishman holds IBM certifications in DB2, DataStage,
QualityStage, and Information Analyzer. He is co-author of Enterprise Architecture Using the Zachman Framework.
I was lucky enough to get an early copy of this manuscript and I must tell you that I enjoyed every word that I read. Neal is clearly a polished author and makes the book a page-turner! Can't wait to read it for yourself? You can get a Rough Cut version of the book
that you can read electronically.
I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did.