Just published by McGraw Hill: IBM Cognos TM1: The Official Guide, by TM1 experts Karsten Oehler, Jochen Gruenes, and Christopher Ilacqua.
What’s in the book:
Deliver timely, accurate, and actionable performance management solutions to users across your enterprise. Filled with expert advice from a team of IBM professionals, IBM Cognos TM1: The Official Guide shows you how to deploy and maintain a dynamic planning, forecasting, and scenario analytic solution. Learn the latest Cognos TM1 10.1 best practices on how to model Cognos TM1 cubes, develop highly agile performance management solutions, generate feature-rich reports, and employ dashboards and scorecards. Securing, sizing, and performance tuning are also covered in this IBM-authorized resource. This book can also be used with former TM1 versions.
- Build Cognos TM1 models with cubes, dimensions, rules, and TurboIntegrator processes
- Load data and establish workflow using the TurboIntegrator
- Model and analyze multidimensional business processes
- Develop applications using Excel and Cognos TM1 Web
- Manage high user volumes with scaling and concurrency
- Assign and enforce roles, privileges, and permissions
- Deliver custom reports to end users through dashboards
- Use KPIs and balanced scorecards to monitor performance
About the Authors
Dr. Karsten Oehler is head of the performance management client technical professionals (CTP) with IBM Deutschland GmbH, Frankfurt. He has published four books and more than 130 articles on IT systems for financial management. Dr. Oehler is a visiting lecturer at several universities in Germany.
Jochen Gruenes managed the German competence center for Cognos TM1 within the technical sales organization for IBM Deutschland GmbH and has led several projects and workshops on the enhanced uses of TM1.
Dr. Christopher Ilacqua is an experienced Cognos TM1 practitioner with over 20 years spent working with TM1 as a customer, OEM Manager, and Director of Product Management & Marketing, helping customers globally seeking to improve their planning, forecasting, and analysis solutions.
Get your copy now! At the time of writing this entry, amazon’s price for this book is at a 39% discount!