Congratulations to Jacques Roy for the completion of his latest book:
The Power of Now
Real-Time Analytics and IBM InfoSphere Streams
This book will launch at the IBM Insight conference in Las Vegas. You can get a free book and have it signed by Jacques if you are an attendee of the conference. Jacques will be signing the books at the IBM Insight Conference Bookstore on Tuesday October 28 from 9:30 – 10:30 am. There are only a limited number of copies at the conference, so if this is a book you want, you should make sure you put the day and time in your schedule.
What’s the book about? It is about the really great product from IBM called InfoSphere Streams. I attended a few tweetchats in the past year and was happy to see the number of people who mentioned this product and the value it brings to them as they analyze data-in-motion. InfoSphere Streams is the world’s fastest and most flexible platform for streaming data. Sounds interesting, doesn’t it!
I was asked to help write the content for the covers of this book and read several chapters of the book and I find the topic quite interesting. Here is what we put on the cover of the book:
Read this book to:
- Understand how the integration of multiple technologies form a big data architecture that can process data, both at rest and in motion
- Learn how real-time distributed analytics can provide insights to create a business advantage and currently unseen opportunities
- Discover the ways to implement a data-in-motion solution that works for your environment
- Explore the characteristics that make a good real-time distributed analytics platform
- Learn understand how to apply InfoSphere Streams technology to your business problems to get solutions faster
In “The Power of Now: Real-Time Analytics and IBM InfoSphere Streams”, discover how distributed real-time analytics can uncover opportunities in your enterprise providing more efficiency and a business advantage. Technology is changing rapidly, and there is so much of it to learn. This book gives you a shortcut to becoming proficient with InfoSphere Streams so that you can dive into implementing a solution for your enterprise.
About the author:
If you’re not going to be at the conference, you’ll still have a chance to get a copy of the book, but in electronic format. I’ll write a new blog entry when the PDF version is available so you can download your free copy.