The DB2Night Show Episode 14: 12 March 2010
Back by popular request, the DB2Night Show is doing another CRUNCHING THE NUMBERS episode wherein a live performance health check will be performed for a real DB2 LUW production database. If you would like to see how this works, watch the replay of Episode #9.
Obviously, to make this show successful and educational for participants, YOUR snapshot data is needed! If you would like a free performance health check analysis completed for your database, please send the text outputs (in a zip file) from these commands to db2nightshow at dbisoftware .com:
* db2 get snapshot for database on DBNAME
* db2 get snapshot for bufferpools on DBNAME
* db2 get snapshot for tablespaces on DBNAME
* db2 get snapshot for tables on DBNAME
As you will see in Episode #9, care will be taken to not reveal the organization that provides the data - your contributions will be anonymous unless you specifically request to be identified.
One studio audience member will be randomly selected to win an Amazon.com gift certificate - use this towards a new USB thumb drive, a new book, or anything you like!
Keep on Learning
Matching: snapshot X
Watch The DB2Night Show episode #5
Nov 12 11am EST
"SQL Snapshot Potluck Party"
with special IBM guest Chris Eaton
In this episode of The DB2Night Show, special guest Chris Eaton from IBM will share his TOP 10 Favorite SQL Snapshot commands, host Scott Hayes will throw in a few of his faves, and EVERYONE who contributes at least one of their own favorite SQL Snaps to the show will receive access to a FREE text/zip file containing ALL of the SQL Snaps on the Show! WOW - What a great way to build your toolbox of SQL Snapshots!!!
Click on the registration link for details on how to submit your SQL Snapshot to this potluck party.
Rumor has it that another special guest may make a cameo appearance as well - independent security consultant, published author, and now DB2 LUW Security blogger Rebecca Bond has threatened to share SQL commands with viewers that will help analyze DB2 Security! Have you discovered her new DB2 LUW security blog yet?
ALSO - are you following http://www.twitter.com/db2nightshow yet? YOU SHOULD BE! Set your "follow" to enable mobile messages - The DB2Night Show is now starting to give away Amazon.com gift certificates! Just be the first to directly and correctly answer DB2 trivia, sample certification, or other DB2 related questions, and you could win valuable prizes!
Visit http://www.DB2NightShow.com weekly for updates on upcoming shows and recorded replays. Here is a look at future shows that are currently being planned:
* Nov 20 "Free Application Development Tools - Data Studio vs Quest Toad" (tentative)
* Dec 4 "SQL Server versus DB2 LUW and FREE DB2" with special guests Paul Z and Leon K from IBM (tentative)
* Dec 11 "Managing the DB2 Workload Manager" with special guest Paul Bird from IBM --AND-- A REAL LIVE CUSTOMER that is using WLM! (confirmed)
* Dec 18 "Crunching the Numbers - Snapshot Analysis with Scott Hayes" We'll be looking at real data from real live production databases. (confirmed)
* Jan 8, 2010 "DEAR IBM, ..." Special guests include IBM senior executives and leaders Sal Vella, Tim Vincent, and Drew Bradstock. Send your praise, comments, feedback, questions, and requirements to the show! This is a virtual CAC of sorts with a guest panel of IBM DB2 LUW top shelf leaders! (confirmed)
Congratulations on reading this far! Here is your reward! The first five people to register for Episode #5 and who contribute a SQL Snapshot command will receive a $25 Amazon.com gift certificate in appreciation for your contribution to the Potluck Party.
The International DB2 User Group (IDUG) is a co-sponsor of The DB2Night Show.