DB2 pureXML Cookbook: Master the Power of IBM's Hybrid Data Server
Authors: Matthias Nicola, Pav Kumar-Chatterjee
In DB2 pureXML Cookbook, two of IBM's leading experts provide the single most comprehensive coverage of DB2's pureXML capabilities. This book explains DB2 pureXML in over 700 practical examples, including 250+ XQuery and SQL/XML queries, taking the reader from simple introductions all the way to advanced scenarios. The authors have distilled their hands-on experience with many pureXML applications so that you can benefit from best practices, tips & tricks, performance guidelines, and other gems that are not documented elsewhere.
This book is invaluable for database administrators and application developers, beginners and DB2 experts. The topics are organized by typical user tasks throughout the life cycle of XML database projects, from planning, designing, and implementing databases all the way to tuning, problem determination, and application development. It includes code samples for Java, .NET, COBOL, PL/1, C, PHP, and Perl programmers.
The DB2 pureXML Cookbook provides proven recipes rather than a mere reference of ingredients.
- Unique and comprehensive coverage of pureXML on all supported platforms: DB2 9.x for Linux, UNIX, and Windows and DB2 9 for z/OS.
- Written for database administrators and application developers, beginners and advanced DB2 users.
- More than 700 "recipe-style" examples of XML queries, updates, schemas, indexes, storage objects, application code, and database maintenance tasks.
- DB2 pureXML best practices, tips, and tricks based on the author's extensive hands-on experience in pureXML deployments.
- Coverage of brand-new XML features that IBM intends to make available in the current release of DB2 (http://www.ibm.com/software/data/db2/technology-sandbox/)
DB2 pureXML Cookbook: Master the Power of the IBM Hybrid Data Server
Use Coupon Code when checking out:
I'm expecting this book to be a BEST SELLER this year! Make sure you get your copy before they run out! Also, meet Matthias Nicola and get your book signed at theIOD Global Conference.