I’ve blogged and tweeted about many of the recent articles that have been appearing in the IBM Data Magazine this summer, but decided that a summary of the articles would be a great idea.
Dan Gibson (IBM), Multi-Temperature Data
- Going Global with Data Mart Consolidation, Part 1 & Part 2
- Is Your Big Data Hot, Warm, or Cold? Part 1 & Part 2
Tom Deutsch (IBM), Big Data
- Why Log Analytics is a Great (and Awful) Place to Start with Big Data - The pros and cons of learning Hadoop using structured data
- How to Get Social Media Analytics Wrong - Lessons from the front lines
- See also the Flashbook that Tom co-wrote: Understanding Big Data: Analytics for Enterprise Class Hadoop and Streaming Data
James Kobielus (IBM), Rocketship to Planet Petabyte
- Smarter consolidation into Hadoop platforms
- Business Intelligence in the Hadoop Era - Drilling through petabytes of actionable intelligence
Sunil Soares (BP), Governance
- A Framework that Focuses on the “Data” in Big Data Governance -Big data types, information governance disciplines, industries, and functions
- See also Sunil’s books and Flashbook:
Dan Wolfson (IBM), Information Supply Chain
- Going with the Flow - Understanding the information supply chain, Dan Wolfson
- See also Dan’s book:
Robert Catterall (IBM), The z Perspective
- Overcoming the Test Data Conundrum - How to securely and efficiently generate test data to help fuel innovation at your company
Stuart Litel (BP), IIUG User View
- Shining the Spotlight on Outstanding Informix Users - Notes from the 2012 IIUG Informix conference in San Diego
Jeremy Dodd (BP), IDUG User View
Lester Knutsen (IBM), Informix DBA
- New Fastest Informix DBA Contest at the IIUG 2012 Informix User Conference - Congratulations to this year’s winners!
IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
- IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator V2 - Low-latency, high-capacity update, Alan Meyer (IBM)
- Exploring the Origins of IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator - An interview with the lead developers, Wolfgang Hengstler (IBM)
- Pushing IBM Informix Innovator-C to its Limits - TPC-C-based stress testing on Linux, Eric Vercelletto (BP)
- Overcoming Performance Obstacles in Data Encryption - Using IBM InfoSphere Guardium Data Encryption with Intel® AES-NI technology helps protect sensitive data while sustaining application performance, Greg Thomas (TDA) with special thanks to Jacqueline Ryan (IBM) and David Pugh (IBM) who contributed to this article.
- IBM Smarter Analytics Signature Solutions - Outcome-based analytics solutions for complex, real-world challenges and high-value initiatives, Greg Thomas (TDA) with special thanks to Jacqueline Ryan (IBM) and David Pugh (IBM) who contributed to this article.
Netezza Migration Kung-Fu, Part 1 and Part 2, David Birmingham (Champion)
- See also David’s book: Netezza Transformation: Taming the dragon without alchemy, sorcery or strange potions
- Embracing Big Data From the Warehouse - A pragmatic approach to the big data journey, Michael Kearney (IBM)
Hyper-Speed Analytics with IBM DB2 for z/OS - The value of query accelerators, Cristian Molaro (Champion)
- See also Cristian’s Flashbook: DB2 for z/OS Planning Your Upgrade: Reduce Costs. Improve Performance
IBM DB2 9.7 Performance Tuning for Siebel 8.1 Applications - A 3-step procedure, Mohankumar Saraswatipura (Champion)
- See also Mohankumar’s book: IBM DB2 9.7 Advanced Application Developer Cookbook
MDM / RDM
- Bridging the Data Divide - Using reference data management to reduce cost, complexity, and business risk, Chris Young (TDA) with special thanks to Erik O’Neill (IBM), Rick Clements (IBM), and Anju Willard (IBM), who contributed to this article.
I like seeing the number of people who are writing! If you have information to share, consider writing yourself. See my blog entry about writing: Why Write? And how to do it well.