Help justify your attendance at the IBM Information on Demand Conference this year by saving $170 per exam for any IM, BA or ECM exam. Each of these exams are available for you to take for $30 each. That is 85% off the regular price of $200 per exam.
So, if you take 3 of the latest DB2 10 exams, you’ll save $510. You can take each exam twice while at the conference, so if it takes you two tries per exam, you’ll save $1020.
Other IBM Certification exams are available for you to take as well, with a 50% discounted price of $100 per exam.
What exams should you take?
Take an exam that relates to the job role you’re currently in, or for a job role you’d like to be in. Then choose a platform and release. For example, if you are working with DB2, here’s what’s available for Version 10:
- Pass exam 000-610 - DB2 10.1 Fundamentals to earn this certification: IBM Certified Database Associate - DB2 10.1 Fundamentals. Note that this exam is a prerequisite exam for most others.
- Pass exam 000-611 - DB2 10.1 DBA for Linux, UNIX, and Windows to earn this certification: IBM Certified Database Administrator - DB2 10.1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
- Pass exam 000-612 - DB2 10 DBA for z/OS to earn this certification: IBM Certified Database Administrator - DB2 10 for z/OS
- Pass exam 000-617 - DB2 10 System Administrator for z/OS to earn this certification: IBM Certified System Administrator - DB2 10 for z/OS
There are too many choices available for me to list them all here, so take a look at the certification website to find which exam best fits your needs. I suggest you pay particular attention to the exam objectives as these directly relate to the questions you’ll find on the exam.
How do you sign up for an exam at the conference?
I like to call it “Exams on Demand” because you show up when you’re ready to take the exam and in most cases, a computer will be available for you to take the exam of your choice. Remember to give yourself about 90 minutes for most exams. Bring your conference badge, photo ID and your credit card to pay the exam fee.
The certification testing will be located at Surf DEF and will be available during the following hours:
- Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.*
- Monday 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.*
- Tuesday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.*
- Wednesday 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.*
- Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.*
* Please note: The closing times listed above are for the last exam seating available on that day.
How should you prepare for the exam?
It is possible to pass most exams with strong experience, but why take the chance? Read a study guide, take a course, and take an assessment exam to be sure that you are prepared to pass. Ensure your success on exam day with the help of our preparation resources.
Assessment exams are regularly $30 per take, but for those who register for the conference, the exams will be free during the month of October. An email will be sent to all those who register with the code you need to make the practice exam free.
We have one DB2 Version 10 certification guide published and more to come, but not in time for the conference.
DB2 10 for z/OS Database Administration: Certification Study Guide by Susan Lawson and Daniel Luksetich
I’ll have more information about the books you can use to study in an upcoming blog entry. Stay tuned.
Last year, I created a podcast with Susan Weaver, the program manager for the IBM Information Management Certification Exams and I discussed the exams and the procedure to take them for free at the IBM Information on Demand Conference. Listen now: Conversation with Susan Weaver.
For additional tips on passing the exams, take a look at some of my previous blog entries: