I'm busily preparing for the IDUG 2008– North America Conference taking place in Dallas in approximately 6 weeks, May 18-22, 2008 at the Hyatt Regency Dallas.
The early-bird discount expires on April 16, so register now to save $200. See the online conference schedule to see what the conference has to offer you. Here are a few of the highlights:
1) Once again... free certification exams. This provides you a savings of $150 per take... pass or fail. If you are looking to upgrade to V9 certifications, you have 6 exams to choose from: 730, 731, 732, 733, 734, and 736. Even if you took only five exams, that would be a savings of $750! Could this be the justification that you need to go to the conference?
2) Prepare for the exams now... and/or take one of the Pre-conference Crammer classes by exam developer / authors: Roger Sanders or Susan Lawson.
3) Discounted books: I'm putting together a list of books to suggest to the bookseller, Breakpoint books. In creating this list, I'm trying to ensure that you have the latest books with the highest ratings. If there is a book that you'd like to suggest that I add to my list, let me know. I believe the normal 10% discount will apply at the conference.
4) Skills Hub: I will be located at the bookstore for the week, or right next to it, at the Skills Hub. This is a new area for an IDUG conference and is based loosely on what we did at IDUG Athens last November. We encourage people to come and ask questions, browse the books, talk to us about your particular needs, and if possible, pick up a freebie or two.
5) Authors who will be speaking at the conference. I don't know if I have a complete list yet, but here's what I was able to pull together from the Advance Program:
* Roger Sanders* Susan Lawson* Daniel Luksetich* George Baklarz* Leon Katsnelson* Dwaine Snow* Chris Eaton* Craig Mullins* Phil Gunning
6) Presentations / Education - there are at least 150 hours of education provided by experts and users.
7) Exhibit Hall: eight hours available for you to meet related vendors who can help with your specific needs for products or services.
8) Keynote speakers: Arvind Krishna, Curt Cotner and Chad Fowler.
9) IBM Panel discussions.
10) Special Interest Groups
and last, but not least.... networking opportunities!
Looking forward to seeing you!
Keep on Learning
Matching: idug X
You are invited to experience IBM's new learning format, Instructor Led Online Training (ILO) at no charge to you. ILO offers you all the benefits of traditional eLearning, but with the luxury of having the IBM instructor right there with you, live! Two special online lecture topics will be offered: SQL procedural language February 26, 2008 & DB2 for LUW Advanced Monitoring March 18, 2008. These offerings have been created for IDUG members only!
Sign into idug.org for session descriptions, instructor information and to register.
Get the full use out of your IDUG membership!
Also see my blog on http://planetdb2.com/[Read More]
Are you aware of the IDUG Online Learning Center?
IDUG Learning Center offerings are download-on-demand streaming media files featuring original presenter audio synchronized with presentation slides, along with some audio only offerings. Using standard desktop controls within an Internet browser, users can pause, rewind, fast-forward, stop and resume sessions from the Learning Center at their convenience. Offerings from the IDUG Online Learning Center session can be viewed an unlimited number of times for three months from the date of purchase.
Select offerings from the Online Learning Center are available at no cost. For others, IDUG Membership is required to access. (Basic Membership in IDUG is free-of-charge, requiring only completion of our membership application.) The majority of Learning Center offerings are available at a cost of $5 per (USD) for Premier Members and $10 per for Basic Members. IDUG Premier Members also enjoy complimentary access to keynote presentations, spotlight sessions and panel discussions hosted in the Learning Center, while these sessions are available for a fee to Basic Members.
The IDUG Online Learning Center is a leading-edge resource to make technical education from IDUG events available anytime, anywhere through your Web browser. Experience the Learning Center with a free introductory sample of the Best User Presentation from IDUG 2007 - North America.
The IDUG Online Learning Center library features more than 220 in-depth sessions captured at IDUG 2007 - North America, which took place May 6-10 in San Jose, California, U.S.A. The sessions captured at IDUG Europe 2007 - Athens will be added to the library very soon.
Among the titles now available in the Learning Center are the following:
Session F13/G10: Magic of V8 RebindBonnie Baker, Bonnie Baker Corporation
Session F03: Hard Lesson Learned when OO Meets RelationalJohn Campbell, IBM DB2 for z/OS Development
Session F06: Put a Smile on Your DBA's Face - Performance for the Developer (and You Know It All DBA's)Rob Crane II and Marc Costa, FedEx Freight System
Session C02: Application Performance Tuning in DB2 9 for z/OSGene Fuh, IBM Silicon Valley Lab
Session E10/E11: A Sneak Peak at the Next Release of DB2 Linux, Unix and WindowsMatt Huras and Aamer Sachedina, IBM Toronto Lab
Session B08: Top 10 Ways to Waste CPUSusan Lawson and Daniel Luksetich, YL&A
Session A03: The Effect of Distribution and Correlation Statistics on the DB2 OptimizerTom Moulder, TREX Associates, Inc.
Session G06: More Ways to Challenge the DB2 z/OS OptimizerTerry Purcell, IBM Silicon Valley LabVoted Best Overall Presenter at IDUG 2007 - North America
Session B01: Availability Enhancements in DB2 for z/OSHaakon Roberts, IBM DB2 for z/OS DevelopmentBest attended session at IDUG 2007 - North America
Session J01: IBM DB2 Utilities: What's New in DB2 9 and Often Overlooked Features Before 9Bryan Smith, IBM Silicon Valley Lab
To commemorate the launch of this vital new resource and to encourage use of the Online Learning Center, IDUG is pleased to make the session voted Best User Presentation (as selected conference by attendees) available free-of-charge for a limited time. To access the file, simply click on the session title below:
DB2 9 for z/OS: John Deere's Early Ship Pilot (ESP) ExperiencePresenter: Bryan Paulsen, John Deere
IDUG invites you to benefit from this new, exciting program as we extend the organization's boundaries as the worldwide DB2 user community. Enjoy!