Recently Lenny Liebmann, InformationWeek Contributing Editor and Larry Heathcote,Program Director for IBM's Data Management solutions recorded a webcast “Is Your Database Really Ready for Big Data”. They discuss the role of DataOps in the modern data infrastructure and the importance of your database in production.
On June 26 we wish to expand this discussion and would like you to join us to share your thoughts and opinions.
Join us for a #bigdatamgmt Twitterchat on the topic of “Is Your Database Really Ready for Big Data?” – June 26th, from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm ET.
Our special guests for this Twitterchat are:
You can follow along—and join the discussion using the hashtag #bigdatamgmt.
We look forward to your thoughts and comments on the #bigdatamgmt twitterchat hosted by @IBM_DB2 (Susan Visser).
How do you join in?
If you use a Twitter client like twubs.com, log in with your twitter account, and search for the hashtag #bigdatamgmt. Then as participants tweet with the #bigdatamgmt hashtag, those tweets will appear on the page.
Review the tips for taking part in our tweetchat via this slideshare.
How do you participate?
Review the discussion questions so you can prepare your thoughts and answers. When the question is posed, begin your response with A1: for question 1 and A2: for question 2, and so on. This makes it easier to follow the conversation throughout the chat. No answer is wrong!
- Q1: What is the #1 thing stopping you from achieving your goals with 'big data'?
- Q2: If there is ONE thing you wish you could do with 'big data', what is it?
- Q3: What business benefits do you expect to realize if you could analyze data faster?
- Q4: How would your IT Department benefit by deploying new analytics projects faster?
- Q5: Do you currently have performance issues with any transactional processing or analytic queries? Why?
- Q6: Are you currently taking advantage of in-memory technology? If not, why not?
- Q7: How is the Internet of Things and the constantly connected world influencing and transforming big data business strategy?
To prepare for this Tweet Chat, I suggest the following:
- Read the blog by Lenny Liebmann: 3 reasons why DataOps is essential for big data success
- Read the blog by Larry Heathcote: When your database can’t cut it, your business suffers
Watch a replay of the webinar: “Is Your Database Really Ready for Big Data"