Keep on Learning
Not only is tomorrow the first online community day, but it is also the launch of the "Search for the XML Superstar" contest. Show the world how great your XML skills are!
There are five categories in the contest: 1) XML application programming2) ported applications3) database gadgets4) videos5) query challenge
Contestants will participate in a combination of education, exposure to practical applications and “tests” that will validate understanding and ability to program IBM database technologies. Entries will be judged by an independent panel of DB2 professionals.
Participants in the contest will be eligible to win one of a series of great prizes, including:
* an all-expense paid trip to an IDUG conference* a Segway i2 personal transport system* a new laptop* an iPod* a Sony PlayStation 3 * a Nintendo Wii system
Don't miss this amazing opportunity to build your resume, to gain recognition from world-class consultants and be celebrated for standing out among your peers.
Five different contests for you to join:
* Video Contest: Invent a creative use of XML, XQuery or DB2 and record yourself doing it.* Gadget Contest: Develop a downloadable gadget or widget leveraging DB2.* Query Contest: Use XQuery to find five answers. The best queries win the best prizes!* Ported App Contest: Port or develop a new app for DB2. Enter as an individual or assemble a team.* XML Contest: Win by building useful, user-friendly XML apps from scratch. Enter as an individual or assemble a team.
The Ported Application Contest and pureXML Programming Contest went live in the USA on December 1st! Four new countries are going live this month: France, Japan, Italy and Israel.
This competition consists of five different contests aimed at students and professionals alike. Each contest offers its own recognition and set of prizes. The range of skills encompasses those with a passing interest in XML and database technology to those with hardcore programming skills in DB2. Before participating, you will first need to take a Quick Quiz, a short questionnaire that requires no prior XML or database experience to complete. You only have to take the Quick Quiz once.
Start now by registering for one of the contests. Earn participation points for each entry. A special prize will be given to the contestant— the “XML Grand Master” —that amasses the most participation points.
Check out this amazing contents that is sponsored by IDUG:
Tell us your best DB2 stories and win big prizes – yes, it’s as simple as that. In your own words, tell us your experience with DB2, and if our judging panel finds your story interesting you could be taking home a Wifi enabled Vizio HD TV or an Apple iPad.
“Do You DB2?” is open to anyone in North America – DBA’s, developers, testers, students, professors, or even managers, CIO’s and CEO’s. All we want to hear is your DB2 stories, whether technical or business oriented. (Make sure you check out the official website and rules. )
Speaking of IDUG, have you registered for the annual conference that is taking place in Tampa Florida from May 10 - 14? That's next week, so rush if you haven't yet registered. Check out my previous posts about this conference:
1) What sessions would a DBA like Rebecca Bond choose to attend? http://bit.ly/do7EjC
2) What sessions are being presented by IBMers? http://bit.ly/do7EjC
3) IDUG is all about the users! Don't miss a single presentation! http://bit.ly/a53P7k
4) InfoSphere is a hot topic. Check out all the sessions that are available. http://bit.ly/dwqDg3
5) At the end of each day, do some networking. http://bit.ly/ckk3xd
6) Take this opportunity to get certified... and do it for free! http://bit.ly/daNvdN
7) If you have registered, you are eligible to take an assessment exam for free. Those who are registered will get an email with the special promo code: http://bit.ly/dftRin
8) As usual, there will also be a bookstore on site. Check out the books that you should be able to purchase while at the conference: http://bit.ly/c2CdMy
So... DO DB2 (and Win)
and LEARN DB2 at IDUG :)
svisser1 2700018UK9 Tags:  contest db2 free webinar education db2night_show performance 6,807 Views
I’ve promoted many, if not all, of the DB2Night Show episodes that took place in 2010. Scott Hayes, the host of these free webinars has produced a list of the most highly attended shows. All of these shows were recorded, so if you missed one or more, you can catch up.
#1 - Episode 21. DB2 LUW Locking with special guest Mike Winer from IBM
#2 - Episode 17 . DB2 LUW Performance Updates with special guest Berni Schiefer from IBM
#3 - Episode 28. DB2 LUW Range Partition Tables with Mike Winer from IBM. Mike congratulations for having two spots in the TOP 3!!
#4 - Episode 11. DB2 9.7 Optimizer Updates with special guest John Hornibrook from IBM
#5 - Episode 18. The Top 10 DB2 LUW Mistakes People Make with special guest Klaas Brant from KBCE.
#6 – Episode 29. DB2 LUW High Availability and Recovery Planning with special guests Kate Kurtz and Dale McInnis from IBM
#7 – Episode 13. DB2 LUW Compression Updates with special guest Paul Zikopoulos from IBM
#8 – Episode 12. DB2 Information Resources with yours truly….Susan Visser. Can’t believe I made the list!!
#9 – Episode 31. Valuable SQL Lessons Learned with special guest Sheryl Larsen from SMLSQL Inc.
#10 – Episode 10. DEAR IBM... Q&A with Senior Executives with special guests Sal Vella and Tim Vincent from IBM
Thanks Scott for pulling together such a valuable and well attended series of educational webinars!
I work in the Toronto Lab, so I’m very lucky to know all of the listed speakers personally. I’m constantly humbled by the high quality people I get to work with! Sheryl and Klaas I also personally know, but from my association with IDUG instead of IBM.
What’s up for 2011?
I’ll be a judge on the DB2 Night Show in February & March: DB2'S GOT TALENT CONTEST.
Join us on the following dates:
We’re looking for contestants…. are you up for it? Check the site for eligibility. Maybe this will convince you to become a contestant: the prizes!
I’m looking forward to a fun & rewarding new year and wish all the best for you and your families as well!