IBM software certification exams will be available to registered attendees throughout Information On Demand 2010. Attendees may take up to three IM (including SPSS, Cognos and ECM) exams at no charge; a discounted fee of $100 USD for subsequent exams will apply. See the certification site for further details.
Don't miss this opportunity to validate your skills and demonstrate your proficiency in the latest IBM software technology and solutions.
To prepare yourself to pass the exams, I have a few suggestions for you:
1) Read through a previous blog entry that I did called Certification 101.
2) Buy or borrow a Study Guide that you should read before the conference. These books are available electronically through Books 24x7 or Safari Books Online. The suggested books are:
DB2 9 System Administration for z/OS: Certification Study Guide: Exam 737
DB2 9 Database Administration Certification Study Guide for Exam 732
Susan Lawson and Daniel Luksetich
DB2 9 Advanced Database Administration Certification Study Guide for Exam 734
Roger Sanders, Dwaine Snow
DB2 9 Fundamentals Certification Study Guide
DB2 9 Database Administration Certification Study Guide for Exam 731
DB2 9 Database Administration Upgrade Certification Study Guide for Exam 736
Note that all of these books were written by members of the exam development team and each chapter contains sample questions along with answers and explanations.
3) Show up to the conference early and attend a full day Sunday class that was specifically created to give you the information you need to pass the exam. This year we have three classes scheduled:
DB2 9.7 for Linux UNIX & Windows DBA Certification Crammer (Exam 541)
This training is designed to introduce the student to the concepts a test candidate must know in order to take and pass the DB2 9.7 DBA for Linux, UNIX, and Window certification exam (Exam 541). The material for this course is aligned with the 541 exam objectives.
DB2 for z/OS DBA Certification Crammer (Exams 730 and 732)
This is a high-level certification preparation course intended to help you take DB2 9 Family Fundamentals exam (730) and DB2 9 for z/OS Database Administration exam (732). Passing of these exams will result in certification as an IBM Certified Solutions Expert - DB2 V9 z/OS Database Administration. Participants are expected to have fundamental knowledge of relational principles in addition to applied working knowledge of DB2 z/OS V8 and basic knowledge of V9 features. This will be a lecture-only class with no labs. This session offers an intense, overall review of those areas that will be on the certification exams (both the 730 – DB2 9 Family Fundamentals and the 732 – DB2 9 for z/OS), providing a comprehensive review for those planning on taking the certification exams to become an IBM Certified Solutions Expert - DB2 9 for z/OS Database Administration.
Exam 737 Crammer
This one-day crammer class reviews topics on the:
IBM Certified System Administrator – DB2 9 for z/OS Certification Exam 000-737 Exam.
Students will be guided in the class through:
- Understanding the objectives of the #737 Exam
- Discovering changes to DB2 9 for z/OS that relate to the testing
- Techniques that are used by System Administrator in the day-to-day work to plan, install, mange, tune and secure DB2 9 for z/OS
- Review questions at the end of each section of the material