Here’s another book just published by Packt Publishers: IBM DB2 9.7 Advanced Application Developer Cookbook by Sanjay Kumar and Mohankumar Saraswatipura
About the book:
With lots of new features, DB2 9.7 delivers one the best relational database systems in the market. DB2 pureXML optimizes Web 2.0 and SOA applications. DB2 LUW database software offers industry leading performance, scale, and reliability on your choice of platform on various Linux distributions, leading Unix Systems like AIX, HP-UX and Solaris and MS Windows platforms.
This DB2 9.7 Advanced Application Developer Cookbook will provide an in-depth quick reference during any application's design and development. This practical cookbook focuses on advanced application development areas that include performance tips and the most useful DB2 features that help in designing high quality applications. This book dives deep into tips and tricks for optimized application performance.
With this book you will learn how to use various DB2 features in database applications in an interactive way.
- Learn to design secured and robust database applications.
- Get to grips with all the important aspects of the DB2 application development life cycle starting with design and planning, moving through the development phase, and getting on to performance tips.
- Master various new DB2 features for high quality application design.
- Learn new features in DB2 9.7 such as Performance enhancements, pureXML enhancements, high availability, backup, logging, resiliency, recovery enhancements and so on for application development.
- Master different security aspects to design highly secured applications.
- Get step-by-step instructions to write advanced Java applications
- Work with DB2 routines and modules.
- Master the tips and tricks for optimized application performance.
- Learn to enable Oracle applications on DB2, migrating Oracle database objects on to DB2 9.7, and more.
About the authors:
Sanjay Kumar started his career as a database developer and DB2 consultant in IBM India Software Labs. He is currently working as Database Architect for Data Warehouse Applications for an Investment banking firm. He has extensive experience in DB2 application development and performance tuning. He is an IBM certified application developer (DB2 9.7), IBM certified solution developer, and IBM Certified Advanced Database Administrator.
Mohankumar Saraswatipura started his career in DB2 8.1, worked as database application developer, performance consultant in IBM Software Labs, India. He is currently working as Lead DB2 Database Administrator helping application developers on Balanced Warehouse, Siebel and SAP implementations. He is experienced in DB2 application performance tuning and design. He is an IBM certified application developer, Infosphere Solution Designer, XML, Stored Procedure along with Advanced Database administrator. He is an active member of IDUG India and a IBM Information Champion.
Buy IBM DB2 9.7 Advanced Application Developer Cookbook with IBM DB2 9.7 Advanced Administration Cookbook and get 50% off both the eBooks.
Just add both the eBooks to your shopping cart and enter ibdb97ebk in the 'Enter Promotion Code' field. Click 'Add Promotion Code' and the discount will be applied.